Var debate 2019/20

During the last 24 hours, I’ve taken on my third subscription (Amazon, to add to Sky and BT). I’ve also witnessed the VAR nonsense around our penalty, and seen goals disallowed for Dan Burns and Teemu Pukki in silly circumstances. I think I’m cured of football. The worst bit is the moronic chanting by fans like VAR is a fucking team member.

You have to wonder if they are being this bad on purpose.

Been out today with the family, so only just catching up with the three VAR offside decisions. They’re all ridiculous. It’s absolutely killing the game. The question is, can it be stopped in its tracks before the damage becomes irreparable?
It needs to be before it’s too late , the managers need to sing from the same hymn sheet though , only Chris Wilder has had the bollocks to say how shit it is . I feel a nationwide boycott on one specified match day by the fans would work .

Remember when people were worried VAR would take all the talking points out of a game? Now it's the only thing talked about. It's shit. It should be scrapped and never to return. My worry is in the summer they will talk about lessons learnt and improving it and we will have the same shit next season too.
I addition to the fact it is getting more things wrong than right and causing more controversy and I’ll feeling, it affects the on field ref significantly 1. Undermines their confidence if VAR overturns decision 2. Crowd and players response to a VAR decision that goes against them, and let’s not forget fans in the ground know within seconds via the internet if they’ve been shafted, heap so much pressure on the ref they then look to even things up or when faced with a similar decision repeat their error to avoid looking a twat.

As a concept it makes no sense, it doesn’t rule out human error as it’s still a human interpreting the video. It’s a fucking joke.

Been out today with the family, so only just catching up with the three VAR offside decisions. They’re all ridiculous. It’s absolutely killing the game. The question is, can it be stopped in its tracks before the damage becomes irreparable?

What damage?

It's the most talked about thing in football Ric and that is good for business.

Some ardent and die hard fans may well vote with their feet in the UK. It'll not matter. Not in the slightest, because in today's crazy society they will be replaced very quickly by picture taking, half and half scarf waving bell ends

The problem with VAR is you are taking the opinion away from the match officials and giving it to someone in a room miles away. It’s still subjective and it’s still based on opinions.

It has to go but if it does stay the rules need to adapt. Change the offside rule to feet only and facing the goal. Simple. All this armpit, shoulder and knee bollocks is ruining the game.

Give managers one review per half.

To me it’s simple but they’ve made a right pigs ear of it as per.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.