Your top 5 City moments of the decade?

Some from leftfield:

City 0 - 1 Spurs - We nearly did it, heroic. Even with an emergency loan keeper.
City 2 - 3 Rags (FAC) - Atmosphere ridiculous, Sergio a monster.
City 3 - 3 Sunderland - Atrocious performance. A very very good point in the end, Kolarov's best moment.
City 0 - 0 Madrid - We'd arrived. CL semi finalists. Amazing atmsphere, pity the team didn't show up.
City 0 - 1 Spurs (CL) - The best team in the world easily, winning everything, a CL QF against a PL rival must be almost a given...right?
Like your thinking!

It was that 2-3 loss in the fa cup which for me changed the balance of power against the rags, they fell apart when they went down to ten men but in that second half we absoluetly dominated them and should have got a draw as Phil the face handled the ball at the end.

As well as the 3-3 draw against Sunderland, which you are right about being a very very good point, the 2-2 draw against them in 2014 with Nasri goal that scraped over the line was exactly the same.

Three others worth mentioning

Dezko's goal against Notts County in the cup when we looked like losing the game

Nasri's goal against Chelsea in 2012 from the pass by Tevez in his first game back

Sterling's goal against Southampton in the 96th minute against Southampton

93:20
Final whistle semi v rags
Kompany header
De Bruyne v Chelsea
Sick swan

Only one pep moment yet Peps signing is probably number 6.

Sergio v QPR
Yaya vs Stoke to win the Cup
Kompany headed goal vs Utd 2012
Balotelli first goal in the 6-1
Yaya's run and goal v Aston Villla to clinch the title.
Those five I can replay again & again in my head, though I was only there in person for the first two.

Can you imagine how far back in the Aguero build up they would have gone, they would have been sat for an age looking for something while the red ribbons are being attached to the trophy copy at Sunderland.

They would have gone so far back that the throw in that Nasri (?) let go out and turned out to be a QPR throw, which came straight back to us, was actually a City throw. Goal disallowed, take it back to City throw in!

93:20

Kompany's cometh the hour cometh the captain moment in the derby 2012

Yaya's thunderbolt against Stoke in the FA-Cup final 2011, almost breaking the net and erasing 34 years of relative failure.

The signing of Aguero. A monumental day, not only because we now know what happened next, but it also felt huge at the time. Our star player Tevez wanted out, so we went out and bought one of the most desired young strikers in the world, meanwhile not backing down to Tevez demands. We really felt like a huge club

Jesus making us the first, and only centurions

The great thing is that five is nowhere near enough to capture the truly great moments.

Top three is easy but after that. Anyway, I've gone for these five that I had the pleasure of witnessing in person:

93:20 - I still get goosebumps.

Vinnie v Leicester - thought my head was exploding.

Yaya v Rags in FAC Semi - the moment we became the best team in the country.

Toure v AVFC - a great goal to cap the best individual season I've seen from a player and effectively seal the title.

Jesus v Saints - history made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.