Everton (H) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long ball is causing all kinds of problem to our defenders. Got to come up with strategy to deal with it.
Long balls into the channels vacated by the team's marauding full-backs. Sheffield did it with a certain aplomb the other day. It's suicidal in some aspects i.e. United a few weeks ago but its Guardiola's philosophy: one that has brought me/us a huge amount of entertainment and joy over the last few years.

I don’t like their approach to the game and certainly wouldn’t want to watch that brand of football week in, week out. But not every club is as lucky as us to have the resources, the infrastructure, the quality of coaching and the wherewithal to assemble a squad of top players. Sides like Sheffield see the Premiership as the ‘promised land’ and do what they do - playing to their (perhaps) limited strengths - to survive. Yes, they may be boring, physical, just well-organised and one dimensional but these ‘qualities’ have worked for them so far and have produced results. No, it’s not pretty and may well not be enough to keep them in the Premiership for more than another season or two but, let’s not be so smug, elitist or entitled as to begrudge sides like Sheffield and their fans their ‘moment the sun’. Thrilling though it no doubt would be, we are not going to have a Premiership full of teams who play like the game like City, the Dippers, Chelsea, Leicester, Wolves or (even) Spuds.

Never understood posts like this. Just because someone has a differing view, doesn't mean they are being elitist or snobbish.

My counter argument would be Brighton. It would be Bournemouth. It would be Norwich. Yes, some of those may go down, eventually Sheffield will, but they at least play attractive football or make the effort to. When Brighton came to our place they got the ball down and played some decent stuff. Similar resources, in fact I'd argue Sheffield are a bigger club.

It's an archaic way of playing imo. I couldn't bare to watch that every week.

I worry his muscles aren't up to it,john and nico? eric and nico? eric and john? rodders and someone? how have we come to this that dinho will have to play 3 games in 6 days

Same. Unfortunately it's the circumstances we have been dealt. John is made of glass and Eric is still hurt.

Garcia is quality but needs to be alongside Dinho. Put him alongside Nico or John and I'd be having a coronary

Kev must be rested, otherwise he'll be burnt out. I'd like to rest Fern, but I don't see how it can be done without taking a serious risk of losing. Raz doesn't need resting exactly (he doesn't look worn out to me), but I'd put him on the bench to give him some time to back off from his game recently and sort his head out. I wouldn't put Ota in alongside Garcia.

If Jesus is ready, then

Gundy, Foden and Kevin/Bernie in midfield + Mahrez, Aguero and Jesus in attack. Sterling to sub Aguero in the 2nd half if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.