HS2 - Cancel it now

I would rather use the money to build a big fucking Trumpf style wall this side of Stoke rather than connecting would the southern nancy boys.

Swansea - Cardiff is a nightmare. I’ve looked to stay by the Mumbles when I go to Cardiff for Wales matches but the train is always down for maintenance.

Just takes forever to get in and out of, many a time has my train trundled into New Street and stuttered out the other side.

I used to think it was just me passing through the land that time forgot, but no, going anywhere near Brum just adds 30/45 unnecessary minutes onto any train journey.
Ok, that may be true; can't comment on that.

Agree what you say about HS2 from London to Birmingham being the least important, as the connections between the two are currently ok. An hour and twenty is ok and they go every 20 minutes, more if you include the slower stuff. Trans Pennine has to be the priority and would include in that east to west midlands which is a fucking joke tbh. (when I previously said 'northern' I meant north of Oxford btw) Brum to Bristol isn't great and it's ridiculously expensive, which is my main issue in general terms tbh.

Ok, that may be true; can't comment on that.

Agree what you say about HS2 from London to Birmingham being the least important, as the connections between the two are currently ok. An hour and twenty is ok and they go every 20 minutes, more if you include the slower stuff. Trans Pennine has to be the priority and would include in that east to west midlands which is a fucking joke tbh. (when I previously said 'northern' I meant north of Oxford btw) Brum to Bristol isn't great and it's ridiculously expensive, which is my main issue in general terms tbh.

Brum to Bristol is dreadful but CrossCountry pretty much have a monopoly and it takes at least half an hour longer than it should.

I agree with Transpennine but as you say i think the links between Brum/Nottingham/Derby/Leicester/Lincoln etc. need improving and speeding but crucially as well Manchester to Sheffield and Leeds to Sheffield, that central north/south belt is sorely lacking investment

Will be just another commuting route to London. Mega billions to transport 15,000 people per hour (1,100 per train, 14 trains per hour).
All in a minimum 10+ years time when the need to travel will likely be reduced anyway.

Building HS3 first, the Trans Pennines route, would have made more sense. Bringing that route up to 21st century standards now would provide more value to the North.
Getting from Piccadilly to Euston in an hour is useless if it still takes an hour or more at each end.

Will be just another commuting route to London. Mega billions to transport 15,000 people per hour (1,100 per train, 14 trains per hour).
All in a minimum 10+ years time when the need to travel will likely be reduced anyway.

Building HS3 first, the Trans Pennines route, would have made more sense. Bringing that route up to 21st century standards now would provide more value to the North.
Getting from Piccadilly to Euston in an hour is useless if it still takes an hour or more at each end.

In 10 years time the only jobs left will all be in London.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.