Real Madrid - CL R16 - 2nd Leg (at the Etihad) - Price details

me and my lad are on the cup scheme,its £35 for me and £10 for him up in 318,a bit dear ,but the prices for general sale is outragious,its gonna be tourists galore methinks

Yep, set the prices too high there.

In January alone we have had 3 extra home cup ties to pay for on top of the 3 away games (4 if you include Spurs, which has come out the same pay packet).

I think these prices are a bit steep for the last 16 but I am sure there are plenty who will pay up. We seem to have two sets of fans these days. The domestic Cup games have been great for local supporters on lower incomes and that has always been the core of our fanbase. The Champs League matches are attractive to tourists and corporates. To be fair to the club we need to attract both these sets of fans so it's a bit of a balancing act. We don't always get it right. Personally I prefer the atmosphere at League Cup and FA Cup matches which are usually filled with Mancunian famlies but I also enjoy top-level European football so I will bite the bullet. But I hope we don't make the same mistake as United have done. They may have a higher matchday income than us but I think they have lost a generation of match-going working class fans from Salford and Manchester. They may need some of these over the next few years.

Disgusting prices. I probably won’t be going now.

It’s clear all the club care about is tourists and corporates. Cup games are a true reflection of our crowd with affordable tickets though

They want city fans to care about the champions league as well. and then price out thousands of us from attending

Last edited:
Cant see it selling out to be honest.If it was a one of wouldnt be to bad but not long after Christmas and with the other cup games it well over the top.The club has once again shot themselves in the foot .At least they can flog loads of half & half scarves

Disgusting prices. I probably won’t be going now.

It’s clear all the club care about is tourists and corporates. Cup games are a true reflection of our crowd with affordable tickets though

They want city fans to care about the champions league as well. and then price out thousands of us from attending

I’ve not seen many tourists at the CL games this season (compared to earlier years) so this game could be a tough sell. I know Real Madrid are a big draw but they don’t have the star attractions like Ronaldo any more.

I’ve not seen many tourists at the CL games this season (compared to earlier years) so this game could be a tough sell. I know Real Madrid are a big draw but they don’t have the star attractions like Ronaldo any more.

Where do you sit? I'm in 105 and if wasn't for tourists at CL games the block would be half empty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.