Real Madrid - CL R16 - 2nd Leg (at the Etihad) - Price details

My ticket is only £35, which I'm happy with. I'm on the cup scheme and in the cheapest part of the ground though.

My advice to any blues who're finding this game expensive is to consider relocating to a cheaper part of the ground (for any cup games). Just because you sit in a more expensive part of the ground doesn't mean you need to buy those seats for cup games.

Remember we've (most likely) got a cup final around the same time as well. So any money saved helps.

I just added some info above. Will probably go and just hide the cost from the missus although the word 'sucker' tattoo'd on my forehead might be hard to miss.

Went to SS L3 for the Real semi final and I liked it, might do that.

Yeah, our stadium is so good you don't really get a bad view anywhere. I don't think I'd ever move back to the sides of the pitch nowadays with the prices.

The issue as I see it is the atmosphere just isn't the same at CL games. To get City fans to buy into this competition it needs most of the same fans as go to PL games and I think a different approach is needed.

My sc was £790 (I think) this season, which is £41.58 /game. If we get to the semi final and charge the same rate for the next 2 rounds as the R16 game, the average price of a seat has been £36.25 in the CL competition. If they offered me a 19-game PL + 6-game CL season ticket at £970 I'd probably snap their hands off and I bet you'd get more regulars going. Of course they would need to credit any knockout games we don't get through to back towards the following seasons costs.

Looking at the prices again, they're probably about right BUT it stings just after Christmas and when still in two other cups and a potential Wembley visit or three. If the cost is spread, it won't hurt as much.

Some of the best atmospheres we've had have been in the knockout stages of the champions league

The issue as I see it is the atmosphere just isn't the same at CL games. To get City fans to buy into this competition it needs most of the same fans as go to PL games and I think a different approach is needed.

My sc was £790 (I think) this season, which is £41.58 /game. If we get to the semi final and charge the same rate for the next 2 rounds as the R16 game, the average price of a seat has been £36.25 in the CL competition. If they offered me a 19-game PL + 6-game CL season ticket at £970 I'd probably snap their hands off and I bet you'd get more regulars going. Of course they would need to credit any knockout games we don't get through to back towards the following seasons costs.

Looking at the prices again, they're probably about right BUT it stings just after Christmas and when still in two other cups and a potential Wembley visit or three. If the cost is spread, it won't hurt as much.
Spurs last year was one of the loudest Atmospheres I've seen from us

Some of the best atmospheres we've had have been in the knockout stages of the champions league

Spurs last year was one of the loudest Atmospheres I've seen from us

Yeah that's fair enough, maybe where I sit, and the games I've attended, I seem to get surrounded by tourists or away supporters. Now I've done some price analysis, I don't think the prices are that bad, and it's more the shock factor. I know a few priced out and it spoils my day going without them but reckon I will go now.

I'm in Colin Bell Level 3.
Historic CL prices for me and my lot based on ST holder and on the CL cup scheme:

15/16 - £50 PSG (QF)
15/16 - £45 Real Madrid (SF)

16/17 - £30 Monaco (L16)

17/18 - £30 Basel (L16)
17/18 - £45 Liverpool (QF)

18/19 - £30 Schalke (L16)
18/19 - £45 Spurs (QF)

19/20 - £47.50 Real Madrid (L16)

Not surprised in the slightest with the cost as not out of line with historic prices. Last 16 prices for the last 3 years have been far lower but City always charge more for the bigger teams irrespective of the round - think it was £45 for me for the Barcelona group stage game in 16/17.

Atmosphere has been great for all the "live" knock-out games even with these prices. Still, that doesn't stop me sympathising with those priced out particularly if non ST holder and have to buy on general sale. My £47.50 ticket for Real Madrid would cost £57.50 then.

I'm being a bit pedantic but the whole lower tier has a poor view in my opinion. The camber is very shallow.
It's pretty good at the back of level 1. Near the front isn't perfect (the 3 new rows they added a few seasons ago are very low). Other grounds in the league, such as Anfield, Stamford Bridge, Goodison, Selhurst Park etc are considerably worse in the 'cheap seats'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.