RIP Neil Peart

Sad loss. Many won't know that Neil had a passion for cycling, specifically cycle touring. He even write a book on it, 'The Masked Rider', which is available on Amazon. Maybe it's the hours spent cycle touring which helped him to get over the tragic losses of both his daughter and his wife. Hope so. RIP Neil.

And several books after the masked rider, mainly on his motorcycle rides around the world when the band toured which are all a bit similar, however 'Ghost Rider: Travels on the healing road' penned after he lost his daughter in a car accident and his first wife a year later to cancer, and then set out on an epic motorcycle ride across the North American is brilliant. You don't need to be a fan of Rush to appreciate the writing.

Last edited:
Absolutely gutted about hearing this sad news. A huge influence on my life both as a musician and writer. The best drummer of all time for me. He'll be sadly missed. R.I.P. Neil xxx

"Suddenly you were gone...from all the lives you left your mark upon"

And several books after the masked rider, mainly on his motorcycle rides around the world when the band toured which are all a bit similar, however 'Ghost Rider: Travels on the healing road' penned after he lost his daughter in a car accident and his first wife a year later to cancer, and then set out on an epic motorcycle ride across the North American is brilliant. You need to be a fan of Rush to appreciate the writing.
Ghost Rider is a fantastic read... how he coped with the loss of his daughter and then his wife in quick succession is beyond comprehension. A brilliant drummer. A sad loss to music. A days decorating with Rush blasting out for me today. RIP Neil

As well as Bonham (and they were both different types of drummers) he was the most technically gifted drummer out there, let’s not forget his brilliant lyrics to tracks like The Trees, Freewill, 2112. RiP mate you will be missed

Reactions: OB1
RIP The Professor.

This news leaves me truly saddened. I'm a huge Rush fan, I've seen them at least once on every tour they ever did of the UK (including both nights at the Cow Shed).

Until Tuesday, Neil was the greatest living rock drummer. The only drummer whose solo was one of the highlights of his band's shows.

R.I.P. Neil.
One of my alltime favourite live bands. His drum solos were brilliant.

And several books after the masked rider, mainly on his motorcycle rides around the world when the band toured which are all a bit similar, however 'Ghost Rider: Travels on the healing road' penned after he lost his daughter in a car accident and his first wife a year later to cancer, and then set out on an epic motorcycle ride across the North American is brilliant. You need to be a fan of Rush to appreciate the writing.
I have that book.. happy to hand it to a blue if anybody wants to read it...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.