Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

Rolls Royce player my arse. Stones is a clapped out Punto at best.

A player whose ‘potential’ was always his biggest asset as opposed to actual ability.

In fact, the fact he’s English is his biggest contribution to this squad which says it all.
Stones is simply not good enough at this level, mentally and physically he is not right. God help us if he plays against Madrid.

Cancelo caught out of position and then Stones far too passive in trying to stop the cross.

Did well to come back today but this is the reason why this team will start to be broken up in the summer . Anyone out there who still thinks John stones is good enough for Manchester City ? And what are we gonna do when kun walks away because that is a worry . Other than that these results happen every week in football and this team can’t see a win out very often .

Because the desire and hunger has gone from this team. There isn’t anyone in that team hungry for another league medal.

it’s a coasting season. Rebuild needed in the summer,

its not a coincidence our flattest performance come when Gundogan starts in midfield. He passes sideways so much, delays on the ball and backs out of challenges (twice today) - our defence is left wide open with him in front of them -he wasnt the only problem but its a persistent problem against teams who battle (and we all know Palace are good at that) - it also has a knock on affect on KDB who is forced to come much deeper and almost sit alongside Gundogan at times picking up square passes from him - this makes him less effective as well.

Sterling is looking off the pace as well at present - seems to have lost a bit of drive/confidence or something.

Stones - does a lot right but just doesnt seem up for the battle at times...the second goal - well Zaha can do that to anyone to be fair and I think Ferna needs to sort his feet out better as well. The penalty/non penalty by stones could have gone either way and I can see both sides of the argument for and against as both players seem to step across each other at the same time so in balance its probably not a penalty but the other argument is that stones doesnt get the ball at all so could well easily go the other way.

Id like to see the rules again regarding our disallowed penalty -my memory could be wrong but i think the rules say that its not a penalty if the ball comes off another part of the body and then hits the defenders hand (which it does in this case) - i cant remember though

at least we didnt lose!

Only positive from today was the performance of Mendy.

Guardiola is making mistakes in selection and substitution. It’s not the first time he’s made a change in the period between scoring late and the opposition starting again. He should have waited and seen how tired Cancelo and Stones were before withdrawing Sterling. He knows they’re lacking game time and they were out on their feet. He should have waited and allowed the kick off to happen before making any change. That would have been better game management. Just think he gets too wrapped up in the moment at times.

It's cliche but those goals were bad goals to give away. They didn't have to do anything special for those goals, if they defended like we did, we'd have reached double figures.

I thought we played well enough to win that game 99 times out of 100 and would do.

Completely dominated and it would have been a fucking travesty had we lost.

Credit the lads to come back with the 2 goals but ffs, 2 meaningful attacks and 2 goals just isnt good enough defensively and why let Zaha run to the byline i will never know? Just fucking foul the ****, do what it takes!

VAR in use again and it costs us again but eh ho, just unlucky etc etc etc.
Agree about the lads up front doing well to get back into it, but to throw it away from absolutely shocking defending is criminal.
Domination counts for fcuk all if we can put the ball away. We all know that VAR would give that at the DipVARpool hovel.

I
Did well to come back today but this is the reason why this team will start to be broken up in the summer . Anyone out there who still thinks John stones is good enough for Manchester City ? And what are we gonna do when kun walks away because that is a worry . Other than that these results happen every week in football and this team can’t see a win out very often .
Have stood up for Stones in the past but my patience is wearing mighty thin now. Don't think he will ever live upto his potential. Time to get rid I think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.