Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's more important - he changed tactics as well..

It was 4-4-2 - David Silva playing as the second striker. When Jesus came in, the formation was same.
Only after Sterling was substituted and Rodri was in -> it became 4-3-3, but it was late for the team to adapt to it.. I mean 4-3-3 should have been from the START.

David Silva -> Legend, he is all time my favorite city player and also his form during 2017/2018 and 2018/2019-s first half (aka bald Silva :D) was the GOAT we have ever seen.
But now he is shite.. He can't run and that's why every fucking time he plays -> it's 4-4-2..

And also, those DISGUSTING Sterling-Bernardo wings - which has cost us the title this season.. How many times we have seen matches like this..

I hope we won't city this formation and selection or whatever this is against MADRID..

He has three great options:

1) Play 4-3-3 formation, with Mahrez, Rodri and Bernardo as the midfielder.
2) Play 3-5-2 formation - we saw against Everton and Port Vale
3) Play 4-2-4 formation - with Bernardo And Debruyne as the two "false 9s" - we saw against United.

Why this shit ? Why PEP WHYYYYYYY ?

How many times you should be defeated - to acknowledge that this is not working and never WILL..

Stubborn bustard <3

Surprised at the line up, however, again the points were there at the end. So many times this season players haven’t done the basics.

The seasons gone, time to bed Foden now and see what he has. If he’s good enough when Silva’s gone, get him now and make sure he’s ready.
Agree, if we can't play these players against Palace, when can we play them? His players let him down today.

I still don't know why he played Gundogan and Silva in the same game though, they seem to set the pace for the whole team and it's always a slow one. A lot of players looked leggy to me today, receiving the ball in slow motion, on their heels.

Why is he even resting players? We wont win the league, we dont have to win every game to finish top 4. If anything we should prioritise our home games, considering home games are always easier to get points.

Starting XI couldn't quite cut it, so he changed it and we went from 1-0 down to 2-1 up.

We generally created a lot of chances but we were extremely wasteful. We restricted them to few chances but our defence (and midfield 3 on the corner) dropped a bollock and let them score twice.

Maybe he's not motivating them enough, but I don't think he got it overly wrong today.

That same attitude saw us go from a 2-0 lead to a 3-2 loss against Wolves.

Maybe we should start focusing on the game we're currently playing rather than the one after.

We have lost the league a month ago or even before that. Any manager plans the starting XI for the next several games, you can't play your strongest XI in every game, especially now that the cup games are more important.

Agree, if we can't play these players against Palace, when can we play them? His players let him down today.

I still don't know why he played Gundogan and Silva in the same game though, they seem to set the pace for the whole team and it's always a slow one. A lot of players looked leggy to me today, receiving the ball in slow motion, on their heels.
In the cup. Jesus, aguero and mahrez are purring. Why break that up? Raheem is woefully out of form and I don’t get why you’d play one of the worlds best Center midfielders on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.