Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play KDB/Silva/Gundogan in the centre and the vulnerabilities to the counter attack return. It’s really not rocket science.

We also look shit when we try to close a game out by throwing defensive players on. Keeping the ball up the pitch suits us far better than attempting to defend in numbers (and still end up 2 v 2 in the last minute).

Play KDB/Silva/Gundogan in the centre and the vulnerabilities to the counter attack return. It’s really not rocket science

We conceded one goal from a corner and one when a combination of our right-back and center-back didn’t do their job. Not sure the midfield selection is to blame for that

IMO that was a birthday brainfart by Pep.

Normally I insist he has all the inside information and we should trust him,
but today he wanted to be extremely smart and ignored some basic rules.

Theses days Sterling has zero confidence and on top he doesn't even fight and or run a lot.
Jesus and Sergio with in-form Mahrez had some fun at Villa and should have played.

I think starting Raz instead of Jesus is kind of irresponsible towards the rest of the team.

Cancelo instead of Walker vs Zaha doesn't make any sense and it showed, too.

Not looking forward to CL crunch time in terms of seeing out a tight match.
I thought Pep and players were a step ahead but it seems we need more time to learn some basics.

Play KDB/Silva/Gundogan in the centre and the vulnerabilities to the counter attack return. It’s really not rocket science.

We also look shit when we try to close a game out by throwing defensive players on. Keeping the ball up the pitch suits us far better than attempting to defend in numbers (and still end up 2 v 2 in the last minute).
You had me at Silva.

He's got to sort out that defence. No clean sheets in a while and unable to hold onto leads against Wolves, Newcastle and now Palace

We conceded one goal from a corner and one when a combination of our right-back and center-back didn’t do their job. Not sure the midfield selection is to blame for that

We got away with a couple of counters and couldn't maintain any real pressure because there were gaping holes in the midfield whenever the ball broke loose.

We were toothless and pedestrian in the middle of the park.

Constant rotation is getting on my nerves a bit.

We’ve just found a winning formula with Bernardo in the middle, Mahrez playing excellently on the right and Jesus has been good too... why weren’t these lads playing yesterday after a week off. Mahrez and Jesus have very low minutes so they don’t need fucking resting. They’ll be some of the freshest lads in the squad.

Sterling doesn’t deserve his place in the side at the moment and we have other lads playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.