How are we feeling about renewals

I’ve been a season ticket holder since around the millennium and I can’t imagine not being one this summer.

Those that do, right in the middle of City’s most successful period ever, will regret it.

I gave up my season card 2 seasons ago, about 4 games into the season, because the club informed me that I'd be refused entry or kicked out of the ground if it was found that I'd taken a flask or sandwiches in with me. They were absolute twats to deal with, they even refused a refund until I threatened court action.
I'd been taking a flask and sandwiches since 1972 and it just got to me that they'd specifically picked on me (lots of folk eating sandwiches, homemade cake, drinking tea from flasks etc. around me every week) and that they'd openly attempted to justify it by saying that it was due to them wanting more money out of my pocket / commercial agreements that they'd made with the franchises.
I'd watched City since I was 12, and don't need to describe the shit we all suffered down the years, but even Swales wasn't such a twat as to target and deliberately bully individual supporters.

So no, I don't regret it, not one tiny little bit. I did the right thing under the circumstances and, as a bonus, I've saved about three thousand pounds so far.

I feel that I've historically invested more into City than most other supporters will in a lifetime, and that I have every right to follow my team and wish them well, but I now watch the games in HD on a wide screen TV, with a cold beer in my paw and it's fantastic.

What the club should maybe try to understand it that you get a better view of the game and watch it in more comfort by not attending - back in the dark ages you had to follow the scores on teletext if you hadn't written off a full day to catch the match special from Piccadilly but that's not the case nowadays so they ought to at least attempt to make the match going experience a pleasure rather than treating us like a herd of cattle to be pushed around and milked.

Last edited:
If I didn't renew I would just spend my time obsessing over the game without being there. So of course I will be doing.

I gave up my season card 2 seasons ago, about 4 games into the season, because the club informed me that I'd be refused entry or kicked out of the ground if it was found that I'd taken a flask or sandwiches in with me. They were absolute twats to deal with, they even refused a refund until I threatened court action.
I'd been taking a flask and sandwiches since 1972 and it just got to me that they'd specifically picked on me (lots of folk eating sandwiches, homemade cake, drinking tea from flasks etc. around me every week) and that they'd openly attempted to justify it by saying that it was due to them wanting more money out of my pocket / commercial agreements that they'd made with the franchises.
I'd watched City since I was 12, and don't need to describe the shit we all suffered down the years, but even Swales wasn't such a twat as to target and deliberately bully individual supporters.

So no, I don't regret it, not one tiny little bit. I did the right thing under the circumstances and, as a bonus, I've saved about three thousand pounds so far.

I feel that I've historically invested more into City than most other supporters will in a lifetime, and that I have every right to follow my team and wish them well, but I now watch the games in HD on a wide screen TV, with a cold beer in my paw and it's fantastic.

What the club should maybe try to understand it that you get a better view of the game and watch it in more comfort by not attending - back in the dark ages you had to follow the scores on teletext if you hadn't written off a full day to catch the match special from Piccadilly but that's not the case nowadays so they ought to at least attempt to make the match going experience a pleasure rather than treating us like a herd of cattle to be pushed around and milked.

You are free, of course, to do whatever you wish and attend whatever games you wish. I don’t take sandwiches nor drink into the ground and I don’t think that’s worth giving it up for that but that’s your prerogative.

I’m not on here to dictate to people what they should or shouldn’t be doing, I just feel looking back in 10 years’ time, you’ll wish you were here when Pep was.

That’s just my view and why I continue to go, despite how shit modern football can be, in certain areas, or how much the club themselves has lost touch.

I wish you all the best.

If I didn't renew I would just spend my time obsessing over the game without being there. So of course I will be doing.
Similar for me.
Although I have to admit I enjoy football less and less each week.
Due to the costs.
The money the players earn.
Var.
The lack of any atmosphere.
Blah blah blah

I think most of the posters who might not be renewing have cited VAR, cost and late kick off as factors that are influencing them. VAR and late kick off times are modern day problems so they aren’t claiming the grass was always greener in the past.

I agree that ticket prices have never been cheap if you are skint. It depends on people’s circumstances. I agree that the Club is much better run than under the Swales regime, and Franny the Messiah for that better. That said, I have just read Mike Doyle’s autobiography and Swales was popular with the players during the 70s.

You are right about the VAR comments, however if it was tossed off tomorrow, we would have uproar the first match post var that is reffed by Oliver ir Atkinso When a clear offside against us is given as a goal, etc.

It is not var that is a problem rather Pigmol and the idiots who ref our game.

When you walked through puddles in the Kippax car park, queued 100 yards to get into a decrepit old stand, when you stood on a terrace with one inch high steps, straining for a view ,or sat in the gene Kelly stand, getting piss wet through, did you really feel that the club loved you. When Peter Swales was stealing thousands of quid, and running the club into the ground , did you feel the club loved you?

I really feel some people have choosy memories, about the good old days. We are watching an incredible set of players, managed by a genius. People should be enjoying this, when pep goes, we may well not be the same team, plenty of time then for the moaners.
Its everyone's choice if they go or don't, but to to constantly criticise the club over the smallest issues is wrong. Please don't think this is a personal attack, It isnt ,it's just my thoughts and feelings. You must choose what is right for you.
Of course I loved walking through puddles trying to get in the kippax. Come rain or shine, defeat after defeat, didn't bother me. Went many times without a car taking 2 or 3 buses to get there. I loved the place, even though we had one of the worst chairmen in football. And yes, the club did love me and I'm sure most other blues felt the same back then. Swales loved City, he was just too proud a man to accept he was making after mistake.

I haven't got a choosy memory thank you, I've been regularly to both stadiums. I preferred Maine road. Like I said I am grateful for Pep, the squad and our wonderful owners who have delivered every promise and much more. It's just that VAR is killing the match going game, and I don't enjoy going to games as much these days TBH.

"Treating us like cattle, cash cows etc." You lot should have been around in the days of standing in cages on the terraces, or supporting City in the days of Swales.

My missus always takes a flask of bovril and a sandwich or pie in during the winter and never had a problem you must have been unlucky and got a jobs worth or a rag

Of course I loved walking through puddles trying to get in the kippax. Come rain or shine, defeat after defeat, didn't bother me. Went many times without a car taking 2 or 3 buses to get there. I loved the place, even though we had one of the worst chairmen in football. And yes, the club did love me and I'm sure most other blues felt the same back then. Swales loved City, he was just too proud a man to accept he was making after mistake.

I haven't got a choosy memory thank you, I've been regularly to both stadiums. I preferred Maine road. Like I said I am grateful for Pep, the squad and our wonderful owners who have delivered every promise and much more. It's just that VAR is killing the match going game, and I don't enjoy going to games as much these days TBH.

As I said not a personal attack, you just happened to echo many of the views expressed on this thread.
The fans loved the club so much that they rioted outside the Main Stand on more than one occasion, demanding Swales out, and MrSwales on his part is said to have taken much money out of the club he loved .

I loved walking through puddles too, until I was five anyway.-;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.