Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker was terrible. I have been watching football for 40 years and I have never seen a player spend as much time as he does facing neither goal. If he had gotten any closer to Otamendi he could have sucked him off.
wow. 40 years really? You would have thought something would have been learned in all that time.

wow. 40 years really? You would have thought something would have been learned in all that time.

You would also think that a top flight professional footballer would have even the slightest inkling about the correct body position when receiving a pass. I doubt he has ever seen the North and South stands at the Etihad.

He was man of the match in the first half and like the rest of the team he was not too be seen in the second

Brilliant first half. Was doing everything right.

Looked a bit nervous in possession second half for some reason.

I can't quite remember which half it was but I was actually shocked when he did a Fernandinho style recovery run and interception that completely dealt with a United counter and he passed it quickly to start our own attack. Wish he would do more of that, he read that situation perfectly, so he does have the understanding but maybe not the legs to do it consistently.

To my mind Gundo is normally bypassed more easily than anyone else when a team is trying to counter. He also has games where he will give the ball away multiple times, so cheaply in midfield and put us on the back foot at the worst moment(Walker has a similar habit). Yet other games his passing stats are better than anyone else's. Besides his speed(and legs) and his tackling(I may be wrong but I'd suggest he makes less tackles than most in the team) there is a very good player there, it's just when he's not at his best it really shows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.