Spurs (A) Post Match Thread

A lot of talk about Lloris being off his line. Haven't watched the replay, but an amatuer ref I know says the GK is allowed to be off his line so long as one foot is still on it.

yup that’s true. Both feet were off tho. It’s a really tough call on field. Given VAR can pick up on encroachment I’m not sure why it isn’t allowed to monitor this. But that’s VAR - badly thought out

Law 14 - When the ball is kicked, the defending goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot touching, or in line with, the goal line.
"Off his line" generally means he has broken that rule. In today's game he had edged forward so had broken that rule and was hence, off his line. In line with the goal line means above it.

FWIW, it was marginal and I hate that rule anyway.

No surprise there wasn’t any analysis of Loris taking down Raz. Absolutely nothing. Not even a clip. Funny that eh?? It’s like they might have got it wrong again.
Spineless and inept finishing by the whole team today. Sterling shouldn’t be anywhere near that team for a while.

No surprise there wasn’t any analysis of Loris taking down Raz. Absolutely nothing. Not even a clip. Funny that eh?? It’s like they might have got it wrong again.
Spineless and inept finishing by the whole team today. Sterling shouldn’t be anywhere near that team for a while.

I doubt he will be with that injury.

First one no, but I think I've only seen him make 3 or 4 world class saves. If either one of them played for Spurs today we'd have score at least 3. I think he needs some serious competition bud?

Maybe a CB that would put his neck on the line might help to.

I think a second centre back similar to the level of Laporte will have a bigger impact on our defensive stability.

Eddie has let in a few soft goals this season but he’s also faced a lot of unstoppable ones. Possibly his game has dropped a bit, like a lot of the squad since the title challenge slipped.

He gives us a lot that an average all round keeper can’t. Hopefully he will keep on improving.

I think a second centre back similar to the level of Laporte will have a bigger impact on our defensive stability.

Eddie has let in a few soft goals this season but he’s also faced a lot of unstoppable ones. Possibly his game has dropped a bit, like a lot of the squad since the title challenge slipped.

He gives us a lot that an average all round keeper can’t. Hopefully he will keep on improving.

I don’t think he has been giving as much since the rule changes this season. He has not been as dynamic as he was with his range of passing. Some games he has made some good saves this season but I don’t think he is the best shot stopper in the world and his judgement at times has not been great but he is the least of it worries currently. We probably need to overhaul at least 4 of our 8 defenders.

Our penalties for the last 12 months have been garbage. The technique is just complete gash.
Compare and contrast with Salah - Runs at pace from the right to blast it into the left hand corner. If the keeper starts to dive to his right at the end of the run up, the ball is swept to his left. If not it is past the keeper before he can get to it. He's not going to miss many.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.