Spurs (A) Post Match Thread

Frustrating today but I think we play 15 yards to far forward, we play some fantastic football but run out of pitch all to often.
Not only spuds but most teams have defenders playing so deep it is easier to block or spoil with the game in front of them.
One of the reasons why our defence have a problem is they are defending often in a foot race towards our goal from halfway.
If we dropped back 15 yards it also gives the forwards a chance to get in behind their defence who are defending running backwards, KDB would have a field day giving passes to run on to.
Not sure if I explained my point but it gives space for our forwards and less pressure on the defence ( not specifically based on today but general).
Bingo ! 100% , i’m Amazed no-one at City has enforced this , it’s been obvious all season

True
Time for us to stand by him though
Think pep thinks that too
He is trying to be fair and until he stops I’m behind him
He’ll come back stronger
I think Raheem is at his best when David plays that round the corner pass for him to run onto. One of the many things David does that's taken for granted. When he's not on the pitch it stands out a mile. David's guile on one side and Kevin's longer distance, more heavyweight stuff on the other. That's when we're at our best.

It would be nice, do you think he was at fault for either goal?

First one no, but I think I've only seen him make 3 or 4 world class saves. If either one of them played for Spurs today we'd have score at least 3. I think he needs some serious competition bud?

Maybe a CB that would put his neck on the line might help to.

all the issues you point out are not one offs. I disagree we look very unfit / slow. Spurs are shocking but beat us, Utd are shocking but beat us. The quality is not there. The team looks so un balanced.

our big test will be Madrid then we can really assess our quality
I’m dreading the Dippers at home unless we sort ourselves out. It won’t matter points wise but would be the final piss on this season’s Premier League chips.

Second bastard time in a week we've thoroughly outplayed a team and lost ffs.

Where was bang on form Bernardo. ?

I’m dreading the Dippers at home unless we sort ourselves out. It won’t matter points wise but would be the final piss on this season’s Premier League chips.
22 points is it? We'll get reamed for the simple reason they are much better than we are. Not to mention the fact that Kloppety has has our number for the past couple of seasons anyway.

This season is obviously gone, but I'm now worrying about what happens next season? What's going to change to enable us to close a humongous gap like this. It is humongous. At this rate they will be +30 points clear at the end. Ridiculous.

Might actually be good for us.

The problem I saw tonight was Complacency and Sterling off form. Sterling has been a shadow of his former self since Anfield where they cracked him. He's not recovered since and he needs time out.
We battered Spurs, but once in the box we looked languid and casual - as though we were trying hard to be elegant - like we had wedding suits on and didn't want to get dirty.

League is long gone so i'm over this .
Its all about champions league and beating liverpool's unbeaten streak because nobody else can or will do .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.