Pep calls out Scudamore

So it’s working then, that’s all the confirmation we need.

the game is dead.
And all these wankers like that Harris prick find the bias against us fully acceptable. Let’s face it everyone in the media hates us and since sporting journalistic impartiality bit the dust around ten years ago the bitterness in the press and online will just keep increasing, fully backed by the major footballing organisations that make billions out of the usual gloryboys teams

The premier league is a product and massive cash cow for not just Richard Masters but thousands of other executives and their families. By remaining in power, they ensure that they have a steady stream of money for their entire lives without having to work ever. Look deeper and you would see the chain of nepotism - cousins getting handouts, relatives being awarded contracts under the table and so on. The entire basis of this modern mafia system is to be most popular sport on the planet - to get more eyes on the game, regardless of how "real" or meritocratic the sport actually is. What's important is entertainment and that the fans of global clubs like Liverpool and United remain invested in the game.

Matchday revenue is not even 10% for clubs like Leicester. For City, it's a mere 11%. 42% of our total revenue is TV money. For smaller clubs in the prem, this number is as high as 90%. The entire premier league is built on TV money and the way to keep that dough rolling in is by producing content that global fans want to see - which is Liverpool winning the league, CL, and demolishing every record in sight. Give it one more year and United will be back in Top 4 simply because United not competing for titles is bad for business. There are more people in Malaysia, India, China, Brazil, USA, etc. than UK will ever have.

Time to face the truth blues. If people don't like what they're watching, they'll change the channel. That means less money for the men in charge. The game was always rigged. We're an "abomination" trying to usurp this hegemony. Only time will tell if we'll ever succeed. I wouldn't bet 5 quid on it.

I'd put yor £5 on United being in the CL by hook or by crook next season despite not finishing in the top 4.

It's telling that Masters only got the job because others pulled out andI suspect there's a lot more to that story than meets the eye. One thing's for sure, you only get that job if you think like the clubs that control the PL and I think that, because they operate in an eho chamber, Masters and the people around him are misjudging the audience in the same way politicians misjudge the electorate.

I seriously don't know a single fan who isn't a Liverpool fan who wants.them to win anything. Pandering to the overseas audience might bring the money in short-term but, long-term, I think it will kill the game here and they'll have nothing of value left to sell.

I'd put yor £5 on United being in the CL by hook or by crook next season despite not finishing in the top 4.

It's telling that Masters only got the job because others pulled out andI suspect there's a lot more to that story than meets the eye. One thing's for sure, you only get that job if you think like the clubs that control the PL and I think that, because they operate in an eho chamber, Masters and the people around him are misjudging the audience in the same way politicians misjudge the electorate.

I seriously don't know a single fan who isn't a Liverpool fan who wants.them to win anything. Pandering to the overseas audience might bring the money in short-term but, long-term, I think it will kill the game here and they'll have nothing of value left to sell.

Not next year. Liverpool getting to 20 titles to match Utd first.

To the people who think the game is fixed why are you still watching football? Whats the point if the game is fixed?

To the people who think the game is fixed why are you still watching football? Whats the point if the game is fixed?
Its an addiction for the majority, and im included in that. I'm firmly in the 'its fixed' corner but there is no way on earth I can just ignore football, if there is a game on I have to at the very least keep track of the score.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.