West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I thought Marvin said it was fine?”

giphy.gif

It's still should have gone ahead. Weather is going to improve now for the next 8 hours.

Sheff Utd fans have got to travel in much worse conditions than we would have had to. There was an argument to call that game off. Less of an argument for our game.
I’m pissed off too mate. I wanted the game to go ahead. I’d have got there alright and have fuck all else to do today

Up there with the worst weather I’ve seen in the UK for me today. Absolutely battering it down, crazy winds, sideways rain. You couldn’t have even stood up in it. And if you were able to, the force of the rain would have ripped your face off.
Nowhere near as bad as 2016 when the Champs League game against Borussia Monchengladbach was called off. I was going to price a job up in Didsbury before going to the game and we had to pull over as we couldn’t get the rain off the windscreen, was it was that heavy. Couldn’t get back home for two hours because of flooding it was terrible.

Marvin's 'heard it through the grapevine' that Sheff Utd is on'

A statement from Manchester City said:

"Due to extreme and escalating weather conditions and in the interests of supporter and staff safety, today’s match has been postponed.

"This decision has been made by Manchester City’s Safety Officer following consultation with Club stakeholders and officials at West Ham United.

"Further information regarding the rescheduling of today’s match will be published in due course."

Who need winter break.....

Nowhere near as bad as 2016 when the Champs League game against Borussia Monchengladbach was called off. I was going to price a job up in Didsbury before going to the game and we had to pull over as we couldn’t get the rain off the windscreen, was it was that heavy. Couldn’t get back home for two hours because of flooding it was terrible.

I got to Picc station and watched the storm from the window up at platform 14. It’s was crazy that one. This isn’t as bad or as bad as Sunderland. Maybe Marvin is right :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.