HS2 - Cancel it now

today is 11/02/2020,,they will not get HS2 to either Manchester or Leeds by 11/02/30,,if im still alive by then i will come back and bump this

I regularly travel Mcr to London. Flying is cheaper but when you factor in you have to be there 45mins before and it takes 30mins to get off the plane and out it is about 2:15mins (roughly same as a train). The big drawback is that you fly to heathrow still puts you a distance out. It can be a lot cheaper though sub £200 - I regularly pay £350 for a peak open return at short notice.

£350 for a train ticket to go 200 miles is an absolute scandal. I suspect once HS2 is finished, fares will still be ridiculous.

I regularly travel Mcr to London. Flying is cheaper but when you factor in you have to be there 45mins before and it takes 30mins to get off the plane and out it is about 2:15mins (roughly same as a train). The big drawback is that you fly to heathrow still puts you a distance out. It can be a lot cheaper though sub £200 - I regularly pay £350 for a peak open return at short notice.
That is tragically expensive - is it any wonder people will still sit static on the M6 / M1 day after day when stuff like this is the alternative?

It'll run as as far as Birmingham only.
Boris is talking his usual bollocks using one liners and bluster to cover fucking over northern communities that changed their votes to elect him.
WTF?
You telling me it's not going to Leeds or Manchester ?
What's all this shit about Northern regeneration?
Has Burnham been on the blower yet?
Unbelievable Jeff.

Once the government realised that it had gone over budget by 10% they should have sh*t canned it, and cut their losses. They should have then spent the money on upgrading the current infrastructure and rolling stock.

It's just ended up being another typical government contract which is over budget/late, with zero comeback on the prime contractor. As usual, the government (UK taxpayer) covers all the risk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.