Anyone done a full season watching the mighty blues

Did the whole 1967/68 season. Last game at Newcastle was ample reward for all that time spent going up and down the country on archaic,freezing coaches.
I did the full set in 1966-67. Shame I couldn’t manage it the previous or the following seasons. Usually there was an away mid-week match at somewhere like Norwich that spoiled the season.

I used every mode of transport. I went to Rotherham in 1966 on a scooter. I did others on the infamous Paddy McGhee coach. I drove in my beat-up Ford Anglia and later a Fiat 500 to many matches. The Anglia expired near Rugby on the way back from a London match. Luxury was travelling by regular train services.

Talking to a blue this morning who has done every game home and away this season so far that’s domestic cups as well. He reckons he’s doing them all.Anyone else done this in your time following city through the ages or got close to doing it, I haven’t but must of got close to it over the years.
Did 22 years home and away including all domestic cups , don’t do them all anymore , pick and choose these days

I did every league and cup game 81/82 season and that was travelling from Coventry.

84/85 season did every league and cup game, home reserves (except one as the 1st team were at Brum that night) and every Youth cup home game + Wigan away in the Lancs Youth Cup final.
I think it totalled around 75 games and didnt include Crewe and Chester pre season games too!

The is a couple of people near me who routinely miss the first few minutes of every game regardless of the the kick off time, leave early for half time, come back late for the second half and then leave early at the end. I reckon they must miss 15 - 20 minutes of every home game, I often wonder what's the point.

A mate of mind who is notorious for being late to everything averages getting in around 10+ mins in to every game. He will leave his local late and insists on getting a pint in before kick of - typically still in M'Ds at kick off with half a pint to finish. Also heads to the bar at around 38mins on the dot to avoid half time ques and gets 2 pints in getting back to his seat 5 mins into the second half. Never leaves early though.

Is that 22 years back to back never missed a game. If so that must be up there with a record.
Yes back to back, from when I left school in 1989. Going every game in the old second division was my favourite time, weird aren’t we lol.

Yes back to back, from when I left school in 1989. Going every game in the old second division was my favourite time, weird aren’t we lol.

I'm a similar era and found the 90's the most fun. There wasn't many euro away's in the first 15 odd years of your back to back run.

I'm a similar era and found the 90's the most fun. There wasn't many euro away's in the first 15 odd years of your back to back run.
Always loved the away days , most of my mates are match going blues from Droylsden , still go with them now , I’ve done lots of euro away days , Faroe Islands was one of favourites as did it with spike on a 50 seater and ended up having to land on Stornaway for a toilet stop. , happy days

Never done a full season and probably won’t. Would take too much out of me physically and too much family time. I have been to 42 games so far this season mind. Mixture of city and lower league.

I have averaged 30-35 city games a season for 34 years consistently. May try and do more when retired.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.