Ousmane Dembélé

Thats unfortunate for him, would be interested to know how that will effect Barca's summer if they can't sell him to raise funds. Any idea on that @FCBarca?

There are a few ways to look at it, personally I gave up on the player in the Fall after two earlier injury setbacks in this season alone. First, how much is Valverde to blame for a player that was barely injured at Rennes or Dortmund since he acknowledged that he does not emphasize fitness training like most coaches do. Second, is the player simply injury prone and just never took care of his body properly enough since he was also guilty of poor professionalism irrespective of Valverde's training

To sell now (Summer), seems a bit of accepting the major financial loss on the initial 105M investment. He'll still only be 23 years of age so his future is literally still long ahead of him but I already believed a change of scenery was needed for all involved. I've said it before that he seduces you with his talent but he has ultimately flattered to deceive and I have a hard time believing fans will support him after this latest relapse of injury - rightly or wrongly, he will be binned from a fan perspective due to how much he has let us down

There are other factors at work since elections are coming up in 2021 and campaigning will begin this summer. With Bartomeu needing to ensure continuity of power he will need to have many things go his way before summer - Coutinho, Messi, La Masia and of course titles. Club can sign a player in La Liga or outside of it (not with a club currently) for the rest of the season but would not be able to provide reinforcement to CL as the roster is already set

We have some good young talents coming through and a coach fans are pleased with - Bartomeu could try & sell it as the time to rebuild but with a big stadium renovation ahead and all the Neymar money effectively down the toilet it'll still be a tough sell. I think he's, fortunately, dead man walking

As for Dembouz, I wrote him off many months back

Reactions: cjn
There are a few ways to look at it, personally I gave up on the player in the Fall after two earlier injury setbacks in this season alone. First, how much is Valverde to blame for a player that was barely injured at Rennes or Dortmund since he acknowledged that he does not emphasize fitness training like most coaches do. Second, is the player simply injury prone and just never took care of his body properly enough since he was also guilty of poor professionalism irrespective of Valverde's training

To sell now (Summer), seems a bit of accepting the major financial loss on the initial 105M investment. He'll still only be 23 years of age so his future is literally still long ahead of him but I already believed a change of scenery was needed for all involved. I've said it before that he seduces you with his talent but he has ultimately flattered to deceive and I have a hard time believing fans will support him after this latest relapse of injury - rightly or wrongly, he will be binned from a fan perspective due to how much he has let us down

There are other factors at work since elections are coming up in 2021 and campaigning will begin this summer. With Bartomeu needing to ensure continuity of power he will need to have many things go his way before summer - Coutinho, Messi, La Masia and of course titles. Club can sign a player in La Liga or outside of it (not with a club currently) for the rest of the season but would not be able to provide reinforcement to CL as the roster is already set

We have some good young talents coming through and a coach fans are pleased with - Bartomeu could try & sell it as the time to rebuild but with a big stadium renovation ahead and all the Neymar money effectively down the toilet it'll still be a tough sell. I think he's, fortunately, dead man walking

As for Dembouz, I wrote him off many months back

Do you think this will make Barca push for a “get Neymar at all costs” from PSG in the summer window?

Do you think this will make Barca push for a “get Neymar at all costs” from PSG in the summer window?

Bartomeu will be under heavy criticism until summer, only a massive achievement could mitigate that and I don’t see how Neymar would be that

Prime opportunity to dismiss him was last summer and he fired a few of the clowns closest to him to deflect - he no longer can hide, even if he predictably axes Abidal.

A censure and call for earlier elections would be the minimum at this point but what a distraction it’s going to add until end of season

Meanwhile Leo has been playing with an injury never mind disaffected body language. He could walk away free in July

Stay away.

He's not going anywhere unfortunately. No one will sign a player coming off surgery and been riddled with injuries nevermind a huge salary.

He'll be 23 in May and contracted through 2022 which means he'll have a chance to re-integrate (once again) into the squad for next season and see if he will be extended or sold for a loss by summer 2021 - provided he doesn't get injured again, which is more likely than not at this point

Even if the club had to do it all over again while still being fully critical of this board & sporting direction in general, I'd sign him everytime - he fit the profile needed, just hasn't worked out until now. It may never still but these things are impossible to predict - let's see if the lack of professionalism & proper training changes things or if he is truly injury prone. For me, I have long written him off and anything positive that happens with him going forward is a bonus - just have to accept him as a loss/failure for now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.