Ousmane Dembélé

As injury prone as Mendy and DREADFUL mentality. Wouldn’t have him in a million years

Fair assessment. Dembouz seduces you, no question - few footballers can do what he can but he does not appear to be able to do it consistently much less improve. He's 22 so you wanna believe there's time but some never course correct. For what it's worth, I hope he does but I am done waiting for him & occupying a spot on the squad

Fair assessment. Dembouz seduces you, no question - few footballers can do what he can but he does not appear to be able to do it consistently much less improve. He's 22 so you wanna believe there's time but some never course correct. For what it's worth, I hope he does but I am done waiting for him & occupying a spot on the squad

Sounds like a young Balotelli!

Not sure Mario was injured as much but there's no question a long list of players with potential who failed in the bigger picture due to lack of appropriate mentality/professionalism
You can keep him :)

You can keep him :)

It's not even the money for me, he's just occupying a roster spot where we could fortify better but I empathize with your position. Still, I am confident the club will get decent money for him but ultimately what a clusterfeck from start to finish with Neymar - and it's not yet over

I thought he was brilliant at Dortmund, a potential top 3 in the World player by his mid 20's. What's happened to him, injury problem's caused a lack of confidence?

I thought he was brilliant at Dortmund, a potential top 3 in the World player by his mid 20's. What's happened to him, injury problem's caused a lack of confidence?

I think lack of professionalism from the start has contributed a big part of it - he was commonly cited for poor dietary, sleep and rest & recovery habits. He has since improved in most of those areas but the reality is that more than a third of hamstring injuries are recurring - they simply take time to heal & strengthen, if one adheres responsibly to the recovery program. That, is anyone's guess. From there, either the physios & trainers are missing a trick at the club or the kid is potentially injury prone. Problem is he relies on his explosiveness and the injuries are occurring in the same area of his hamstring

In his defense, he has taken it hard as he went off in tears after his 9th muscular injury at Barca

Valverde pointed out in his 1st season at Barca that the player hadn't experienced muscular problems before and at that time suggested it was down to inexperience recognizing the signs as a professional footballer or even succumbing to the pressure of his big move from Dortmund. Players are supportive of him, Messi has been effusive in his praise of the player but everyone is frustrated. Perhaps it will improve with a change of scenery to a new club but I do not believe his near future will see him remain at Barca

I think lack of professionalism from the start has contributed a big part of it - he was commonly cited for poor dietary, sleep and rest & recovery habits. He has since improved in most of those areas but the reality is that more than a third of hamstring injuries are recurring - they simply take time to heal & strengthen, if one adheres responsibly to the recovery program. That, is anyone's guess. From there, either the physios & trainers are missing a trick at the club or the kid is potentially injury prone. Problem is he relies on his explosiveness and the injuries are occurring in the same area of his hamstring

In his defense, he has taken it hard as he went off in tears after his 9th muscular injury at Barca

Valverde pointed out in his 1st season at Barca that the player hadn't experienced muscular problems before and at that time suggested it was down to inexperience recognizing the signs as a professional footballer or even succumbing to the pressure of his big move from Dortmund. Players are supportive of him, Messi has been effusive in his praise of the player but everyone is frustrated. Perhaps it will improve with a change of scenery to a new club but I do not believe his near future will see him remain at Barca

Cheers mate, if he keeps getting recurring hamstring injury's then that's not a good sign. M Owen was explosive but had the same problem from a pretty early age and as you will know came nowhere near to reaching his potential, because it became a chronic problem. Hope Dembele has better luck.

Has a complete proximal hamstring tear in his thigh. Most likely out for the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.