Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest odds on oddschecker as to where the speculation lies on where the lad might be moving to in the summer.

Manchester United - 4/1
Liverpool - 5/1
Chelsea - 8/1
Bayern Munich - 10/1
Spurs - 12/1
Barcelona - 14/1
Real Madrid - 16/1

I dont think we do, can't think of any players we have bought recently that were reported to be elsewhere before we came in with a better offer.

We identify our targets, negotiate and buy them. We don't get into bidding wars from what I can see.
Yan Couto who is said to sign after his 18 year old birthday ?

Hopefully we are lurking in the background. Is the 20% sell on true?

I don't know if the exact figures have ever been reported, but Der Spiegel (who leaked various docs on Sancho) have said we have some form of sell on clause, as have Kicker. So it's fair to say we should be expecting some form of decent wedge if we don't end up signing him.

I don't think it's bullshit at all. We won the trophies we have won from signing very good players, but unfortunately most of our very best past signings are now ageing (Kun), about to leave (Silva), gone (Komps, Zab) or long gone (Yaya, Tevez). We have to find replacements of a similar standard. We shouldn't be content with the kind of players that will only see us battling Leicester and Spurs for top 4 places.
We've just won a domestic treble and double in consecutive seasons ffs, we're in the League Cup final for the third consecutive year, still in the FA Cup and still in the Champions League this season as well. We've had two serious long term injuries to two of our better players to contend with, on top of corrupt officials, an implementation of VAR which is highly suspicious and the last two years of effort and intensity has caught up with us eventually.

So enough with the flapping already, it's fucking boring and pathetic. Football works in cycles, we're clearly at the latter stages of one right now, we'll be back, we'll adapt and we'll comeback fighting as we always do with our current owners and management. Trust the owners and management, they've not let us down in the last 10 years very often, if at all so chill the fuck out.

Latest odds on oddschecker as to where the speculation lies on where the lad might be moving to in the summer.

Manchester United - 4/1
Liverpool - 5/1
Chelsea - 8/1
Bayern Munich - 10/1
Spurs - 12/1
Barcelona - 14/1
Real Madrid - 16/1

I am not just saying this as a City fan but any young player going to utd must be a backwards step nowadays , I can understand an older player going for a big pay packet but not a young player who should be thinking of his career not his wage packet

I am not just saying this as a City fan but any young player going to utd must be a backwards step nowadays , I can understand an older player going for a big pay packet but not a young player who should be thinking of his career not his wage packet

You're right bud, but it's all about the money now and that's killing united because they now have to overpay. What surprises me in all of this is how the media push every young player as the next best thing and clubs and their respective supporters buying into that, it drives the player for shirt sales theory that ability isn't the only thing a player is bought for.

The GPC bought players from all over the world to garner fans from those countries, it's a little more nuanced than that now, Pogba is the prime example of that and to some degree the Messi to City scenario.

You're right bud, but it's all about the money now and that's killing united because they now have to overpay. What surprises me in all of this is how the media push every young player as the next best thing and clubs and their respective supporters buying into that, it drives the player for shirt sales theory that ability isn't the only thing a player is bought for.

The GPC bought players from all over the world to garner fans from those countries, it's a little more nuanced than that now, Pogba is the prime example of that and to some degree the Messi to City scenario.
like my dear old dad would say to play for England a utd player just has to be bang average for a City player to play for England he needs to be world class ! hence we have never bothered much with following England !

like my dear old dad would say to play for England a utd player just has to be bang average for a City player to play for England he needs to be world class ! hence we have never bothered much with following England !

I stopped watching England and international football when the lines blurred about eligibility. Well I am not entirely being honest I watch it because it's football but I don't care who wins any more. This isn't being against top players playing for teams that would benefit them, it's more the point that like the home grown rule it's a pointless facade that gets round the point that players have the very least have to have been born in the country they represent.

There is a caveat to that though, that caveat is a player who has come here and only has a British passport and none other should be able to join the English team because he would have no other option, the national sides are now multi-national sides.

think my dad made my mind up with his saying , which in my mind is true, how can a player like phil the face get near an England if he wasn't playing for utd ? Plus after watching a player run round for 90 minutes trying to get Kick or get City players sent off, than when that player puts on an England shirt I am suppose to forgive him and support him ……..kane, dele alli, roodney etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.