UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're wrong about the 2 years allowing them to deal down. Any CL ban would be devastating to our reputation and financially, and they know that. We cant settle for 1 year.

I think the very anti-city part of UEFA (there are levels to this, some are ambivalent, some dislike us but accept us and some are actively going for us) in this investigatory and adjudication panel has made it 2 years specifically because it takes negotiating down to 0 years off the table.

If we'd been given 1 year everyone would expect it to be dealt down by the UEFA top brass, like it was last time, like they have done before with all big club bans.

We are caught in the middle of a UEFA civil war as well as our own fight vs. Them. There will be some people at UEFA who are sickened by this judgement because it has kicked off the legal battle they've been avoiding for ages and they know the consequences of losing.

You’re calling it all spot on tonight. There are factions within UEFA whose loyalty to that self same organisation is non-existent. They’re stooges for the various members of the cartel. Given the unprecedented level of accusatory media scrutiny that will be on them, I find it hard to envisage that CAS will be prepared to be the ‘bad guy’, who let crooked old Manchester City completely off the hook. It all screams a 1 year ban, which given our pugnacious stance to date, I don’t see any way we can/will accept. Which leaves us where? At the mercy of whichever tame Swiss Court, UEFA contracted us to when we signed up for their competition.
I feel sorry for the players, as you can bet the media will denigrate their achievements thus far and brow beat them towards the MCFC exit, with all the upheaval to their lives that will entail. It’s hard to believe such rampant corruption exists, but it’s no surprise, in a world where the inhabitants of Sunderland can be duped into believing that the Tories have their best interests at heart, that the world will drink it all in as gospel. I find myself wishing some serious ill will on a lot of people. Cnuts.

Until i see evidence of City actually fighting back for once then I think for now we're actually screwed, with respect to Champs league money and the fine, further reducing our spending and wage capabilities. I fully expect the upholding of a 2 year ban the way things have gone for us.

They took a pinch when they shouldn't have. They allowed Liverpool to get a way with hacking us. They allow most media outlets to kick us and belittle us daily. They also, I believe, briefed journalists a few months ago that we would't be banned and/or punished... only to be punished heavily.

For once they need to stand up for the club against UEFA and also the media. Start fucking banning journalists and news outlets and stop giving a crap about how it will look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.