Vicky Kloss

I do feel like people never really grasp how hard her job must be.

She represents a club backed by a state with awful human rights records tasked with upsetting the established order of the most popular sport in the world in it's most viewed and scrutinised arena, England.
Yep, it’s an unenviable role. I’m sure she gets very well paid for it, but it must be a thankless task. Especially when you start getting grief from your own fans.

She is not the Press Officer she has a broader role as Head of Comms which means she will have quite a lot of involvment in CFG issues not just Manchester City. In fact i think this is part of the problem. I suspect the lines are a bit blurred between the group's broader strategy and our football club.

Fair enough, still can’t imagine she overrules Mansour or others above her if he has decided they don’t want to play it a certain way with the press

There are certain things at my work I would like to change but unfortunately I’m not the boss

Start banning all media forthwith. We cannot get any worse crap than the last 36 hours. What should have been the best 10 years of us supporting the beloved club of both of us has been riddled with over the top bile constantly. In the 80's when times were hard the paying customers "us" dug in for the club. We have nullified the lot of the media darling clubs. Yes City have the longest running entrance to the Chumps League in England and they don't like it.

I agree. But I can’t inagine that’s her choice

Mentioned this in another thread, but the notion that she is doing nothing to stop the negative press we get is very unfair. She’s clearly very highly regarded within the club. Amazing how many people with no experience in that field seemingly think they know the job better than she does. The idea of just banning dissenting voices isn’t really a viable one for the club.

Khaldoon always hires the best people, he says it all the time, get the best people for the job so I’m happy to believe she is & therefore has my full backing. Was she also the poor young lady who was threatened by SAF, not sure.

I felt 2-3 years ago everything changed, the tide had turned & the behaviour towards us was better. The strategy had worked however quite clearly & I think it was the Dippers orchestrated a strategy of hate against us, sheer numbers, voracity & it turned.

I think she needs help, it’s a billion dollar industry & we are being torn apart. How can a club like Liverpool with how they have treated clubs, the bus attack, Heysel, the looting have a better perception as a club than us.

we have enriched our communities & they turned their area into a squalid pit before getting families evicted.

I’m sure she’s worked damned hard but she needs to try another approach.

You said you know the industry well, and then said the first thing you would do would be to ban all media. I’m struggling to reconcile those two points.
I worked in the print media for thirty years mate. I retired early around three years ago, hating what it has become. Yes I really wish City would start to handle them better. Sorry for the confusion.

Khaldoon always hires the best people, he says it all the time, get the best people for the job so I’m happy to believe she is & therefore has my full backing. Was she also the poor young lady who was threatened by SAF, not sure.

I felt 2-3 years ago everything changed, the tide had turned & the behaviour towards us was better. The strategy had worked however quite clearly & I think it was the Dippers orchestrated a strategy of hate against us, sheer numbers, voracity & it turned.

I think she needs help, it’s a billion dollar industry & we are being torn apart. How can a club like Liverpool with how they have treated clubs, the bus attack, Heysel, the looting have a better perception as a club than us.

we have enriched our communities & they turned their area into a squalid pit before getting families evicted.

I’m sure she’s worked damned hard but she needs to try another approach.

The media love-in for Liverpool meant there was no media crap to deal with. PR almost an unnecessary job in that club.

The baying mob love a scapegoat...

Hang the beesh....

Fucksake....

*imagine a facepalm gif, cos I can't be arsed uploading one...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.