UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hopeful someone can help with this (not just @Prestwich_Blue who I assume is snowed under) . . .

My recollection from the first go round was that there was an argument over whether or not Mansour and Etihad were related parties, with UEFA saying they were and us and I assume by extension our auditors saying they were not. UEFA and City “agreed to disagree” and we were not sanctioned for sponsorship revenue inflation but for pre-FFP wage issues that we received guidance on from UEFA that they ultimately changed which forced us to trip the wire on maximum allowable loss, which we did not intend. We were angry, but we accepted the punishment because we were technically in violation even though, as Colin pointed out, there was a goalpost move.

So if that’s all accurate, did we then go down the “ADUG and Etihad aren’t related parties” path? And that’s what we’ve been called out on? Because UEFA says the email leaks show that they are, and we misled them?

And if this is true, did we mislead auditors? In other words, do the auditors warrant to UEFA that our records are sound for purposes of FFP, or just for accounting reporting purposes (ISA, or what would be GAAP in America)?

So when are we going to lodge our appeal to CAS?

We must already have it prepared as we've known for a while the bastards at uefa would try to stitch us up. Could do with an innocent until proven guilty gagging order on the media lies and bullshit about us too. Isn't there some kind of law that stops media speculation about ongoing court cases?

I personally think both FIFA (obviously) and UEFA (less so) are only interested in preserving the status quo of the old guard (Yes I know I'm setting myself up for abuse as Liverpool fan) and so have to come out in support of City (to a degree). Can you really have confidence in organisations that had Blatter & Platini running them?
There will be an appeal and I would like to think that it would be successful as I do feel that the punishment given is way too harsh.
IF.... there was any breach of FFP then IMO any penalty should be purely financial. I see the punishment imposed as hurting the innocent fans who go for the pleasure and camaraderie of following your club. If they are going to do anything, hurt the club In the pocket, not the fans.
Unlike the situation when Liverpool were banned, the fans suffered (and yes I appreciate that other English fans suffered unnecessarily because of Liverpool fans) and rightly so, aswell as the club.....but here....it really does seem harsh and I agree maybe a little vindictive.

This won’t end with CAS, because they will defer to UEFA. It’ll end in a REAL court. Football is a business and this is simple restraint of trade and an cartel oligopoly trying to close the door on another business. Hard to see this ending without tears...and I’m not talking about Sheikh Mansour. UEFA and FIFA have ALWAYS been for sale, but now the cartel may have taken one step too far.

It’s going to get interesting...

This won’t end with CAS, because they will defer to UEFA. It’ll end in a REAL court. Football is a business and this is simple restraint of trade and an cartel oligopoly trying to close the door on another business. Hard to see this ending without tears...and I’m not talking about Sheikh Mansour. UEFA and FIFA have ALWAYS been for sale, but now the cartel may have taken one step too far.

It’s going to get interesting...

This is where CFG will come into play.

Can’t wait for the court case

Where’s your source? Errr he’s currently in jail on charges of blackmailing a football club

Ok where’s your evidence from?

Stolen emails your honour

Stolen emails are not permittable evidence. What else do you have?

We present David Gill your honour

Get the fuck out of my courtroom

If city won the UCL this season would they be allowed to compete in the FIFA club world cup?

Depends on the definition of when the season ends. Best case scenario UEFA say you play the games and City say go and fuck yourself

Seem to remember Joe Royle suing us and his argument was when did the season end? City said we were relegated when the final whistle of the season blew and he thought otherwise

Our owner is not ridiculously powerful except in his country. He is wealthy but politically he has few allies which is why City fans should not be too reliant on the CAS or one beating FFP. Regulation of big money is popular.

UAE has lot of political allies. Most of the big ones are it's allies. Beside Israel and maybe Vatican, there's no as little country to hold as much power and influence as they do. They're players.

They're up against powerful enemies here though. They have monies too and football tribalry (does this word even exist?) should never be underestimated. We're under attack by clubs who have billions fans worldwide, there are delaneys and harrises in any profession.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.