UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When we lodge our appeal, I assume we are going to launch a counter claim?

I mean the damage to our club has been huge and likewise we should fire back our own claim, something huge like £100m, make UEFA think twice about playing judge jury and executioner.

Since we refused to accept the deal offed by Ceferin they knew we were not going to play ball and bow to the UEFA cartel again. I think they probably know they don’t have a leg to stand on and CAS will throw it all out. This ban is all about damaging our brand/City as much as possible, they want to unsettle current players and especially unsettle the future players that we will no doubt be looking to sign in the summer as part of the squad rebuild, they want to put doubt in the minds of future sponsors and investment. This has been a massive smear campaign and is being lapped up by all the click bate journos and social media donkeys to tarnish our image.

It’s time for City to have their day in court and end FFP then go after all the journos who have been spouting all this bias nonsense.

CTID

spot on and best post on here for years.

The chairman of the CFCB Club Financial Control B
José Narciso da Cunha Rodrigues (born 1940) is a Portuguese jurist and judge at the European Court of Justice.
Expert on the Human Rights Steering Committee of the Council of Europe
No doubt he has a beef with Abu Dhabi

Remember we have significant American and Chinese shareholders who will want to protect their investment. We have moved on since we accepted a "pinch".

Think you will find aswell most true fans all over this he world will be rooting for city even the likes of Liverpool and Utd as this could happen to everyone . UEFA is getting too much power and it needs stopping because if we don’t stop it now this will happen to lots of clubs in the future .

Very much this.

The old G14 aside, UEFA and they are telling every other club you are here to make up the numbers and that alone.

Under FFP the source of funds IS important, if they're disguised owner investment. The emails being hacked led UEFA to suspect that was the case but even if it was, that's allowable if the sponsor is classed as a related party and the revenue from that sponsorship is in line with what a non-related party would pay.

If I recall correctly, UEFA tried to argue that all the Abu Dhabi companies were related parties but this never really got resolved as it made little difference at the time. We didn't agree about related parties as we've never declared them as such in our accounts (which we are required to do when there are transactions with related parties) but we did agree not to increase a couple of what were described as second-tier sponsorships (Aabar and another).

Also, if I recall correctly, UEFA conceded that the Etihad sponsorship was in line with market value so however it was funded was irrelevant (according to their own). Now they're claiming there was disguised owner investment yet, in their 2014 investigation, that would have been OK according to their own classification of Etihad as a related party.

There's another thing that might be very relevant to our defence. Almost as soon as the ink was dry on the cheque paying our fine and it'd cleared in UEFA's account, they changed the FFP rules to allow a period of owner investment that might normally breach FFP rules, in the case of a change of ownership. I read about a case brought to CAS involving the US NASL and FIFA. This involved a club dropping out of the NASL but the club that won the second tier league weren't promoted. The appellant club claimed that FIFA rules mandated promotion and relegation and that the NASL had failed to implement that. CAS ruled that it wasn't necessarily what FIFA said but what they meant and how they applied the rule, and it would place more reliance on contemporaneous action than historic ones. FIFA hadn't enforced the rule on leagues that, when the rule was introduced, didn't have it and if I read it correctly, the ruling said that it clearly wasn't their intention to enforce it on leagues that didn't have it, whatever the rule actually said.

I do wonder if we could bring a case against UEFA claiming that they pursued us for breaching FFP yet their more contemporaneous intention was to allow a period of owner investment and that the main reason we failed in 2024 was that we accelerated investment before FFP came in whereas now we would have a period of grace. The real investment only started in 2009 and therefore the 4 year period of grace allowed under the current FFP rules would have ended in 2013, which is the period we've been punished for.
Thanks for all that PB.

I can understand that UEFA might be concerned if ADUG/Sheikh Mansour were directly pumping funds into Abu Dhabi companies that were then funneled straight to City. But if those investments were coming from other sources (e.g., Sheikh Khalifa), then surely that has nothing to do with UEFA?

PL clubs that are effected like 5th placed team will be in limbo end of May if they should prepare for CL or EL. Same with 7th placed team, should they prepare for EL and lots of extra games or not.
that effects transfer plans, extra income etc.

This puts the pressure on CAS to deliver a quick decision imo.

When we lodge our appeal, I assume we are going to launch a counter claim?

I mean the damage to our club has been huge and likewise we should fire back our own claim, something huge like £100m, make UEFA think twice about playing judge jury and executioner.

Not the time or place. That comes later.

Like all blues (and the media), I've been following this thread from the start and amidst all the speculation and "expert" opinion, which has almost universally been proved wrong, there's a fair degree of despondency brought on by a sense of impotence. I think that is because we need to focus. I hear talk about whether we are "guilty" or "innocent". That's a complete diversion from the main point that FFP, in all it's guises, is fundamentally wrong and marks the death of football. The establishment media are creating an illusion which even some City fans are falling for. This isn't an attack on City, it's a war on football, it's just that only the most courageous of those in te public eye and whose livelihood depends on it is ever going to say so. The media as a whole are collaborators in the biggest ever fraud on football.

So what can we do about it apart from wringing our hands and crying "woe is us" ?

Well, for whatever reason, we find ourselves in the resistance frontline. The first point is focus. No amount of speculation or "expert opinion" is going to help the club. Let the real experts get on with it and what will be will be. Arguing with a complicit media whose main "commentators" are purposely placed mouthpieces, lickspittles and stooges is pointless.

Our biggest weapon, and available to each and every one of us, is word of mouth. And I don't mean railing about injustice or wallowing in victimhood, no-one is listening and it comes across as pathetic. Everyone knows a non-united, liverpool, chelsea or Arsenal fan. Simply point out that if they support Wolves, Everton, Southampton... whoever, they are being conned. Not just short-term, forever. They will never, ever, compete with that cartel of clubs. In the 5000/1 chance that they do win the league, their best players, like Kante, for example, will be stripped from them and that will be that. If they enjoy being conned, fine, move on. But if you convince one person and they convince a couple of their friends, a groundswell will start and the product will, rightly, suffer.

The overall point is that this isn't about Manchester City, this is a fight for the future of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.