UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful assuming either side are idiots. There are enough contradictions in this thread about the HH stuff. Moreover, you’d expect there to be some sort of audit trail on the sponsorship payments rather than anyone relying on the e-mails as sole evidence.

B b b b b David Conn has seen reciepts and invoices. Its not like taking a jumper back to Mark and Sparks.

I was having a chat with a united friend and he wasn't taking the piss really just saying what if pep leaves, what if this happens, and my answer was, I don't give a fuck, wouldn't give a fuck if they relagated us to non league, because it would be worth it watching everyone else shit it as we got nearer and nearer back to the premier league, it would be like a fucking horror film for them, fuck em all.

Above all though I want our name cleared, once and for all

I've found a document that confirms the Etihad sponsorship was covered by the Executive Council, not ADUG. It was part of the Open Skies case brought by the US airlines against the Gulf ones (Etihad, Qatar & Emirates) and claimed that they were in receipt of huge government subsidies. As part of their defence Etihad had a presentation done for the Crown Prince, MBZ, by consultants Booz Allen.
Link here: http://www.openandfairskies.com/press-releases/newly-unearthed-etihad-documents/

Go to the link saying "major legal submission" and it'll open a PDF. On page 14 it says:

So there you have it. The Etihad sponsorship money, at least that money that wasn't paid from their own funds, came from the Executive Council, not ADUG.

Colin is the issue with UEFA that they think ADUG paid the money for the Etihad deal? If it can be proven the money came from the executive council and not ADUG, would this make a difference?
Also did the executive council pay the money directly into City's accounts and does this make any difference?

Could be that's the "irrefutable evidence" that Khaldoon has referred to. If so, it only requires a top legal expert in UAE affairs to confirm it and the whole UEFA case would collapse. It would be an amazing balls up by UEFA if they didn't do their homework on this, but stranger things have happened.

Whilst I'd like to believe this to be the smoking gun there has got to be an audit trail for the monies involved. If the money went Etihad > City then it would be appear to be Ok as we cannot be held to account where Etihad get their funds. However, if it's XXXX > City for the alleged ~58m then hopefully we can account for it.

If the scenario is where did Etihad get the monies for the sponsorship and was it being subsidised by HH SM, then PB's research comes into play.

I see the fail this morning is still presenting as fact that Sheik Mansour paid all but £8m of the Etihad sponsorship. I am assuming that this may be the irrefutable evidence that the club has. It says much that we are being banned for 2 years for a straightforward misrepresentation/mistake of fact. Surely there must be more to it than this?

How could they possibly know this unless the details of UEFA's case were made public? Did Sportsmail Reporter write that or has anyone put their name to it?

Can we say this has been the difference this year? player morale low, manager morale low because they knew what was coming? I don't know.

I hope that this gets overturned I really do. I'm more worried about the rumors that the PL is going to wade in on this now as well and slap us with a points reduction now too. FFP is a strange system in that how is any club supposed to challenge the leaders in club football if they don't inject tons of cash from anywhere that they can?? it is all good and well our owners saying they have irrefutable evidence to back themselves up but they are still relatively new to the football world from a business perspective, aren't they? have they got it wrong?

I don't know what to make of it all, to be honest, I'm shocked and concerned for the future of the club especially if they lose their appeal. Our owners have had constant issues with UEFA since they took charge as well and this could be the end of our success story. Never the less, whatever happens, we will all be CTID and whether in Europe or not, in the PL or not our support will be as strong as ever.

Firstly this thread is getting hard to follow so apologies if already asked. I keep reading 10 pages or so but missing lots. @Ric Time for a some kind of summary sticky page maybe?

So am I correct in thinking that Cas will investigate that UEFA followed procedure and their investigation is limited to that? So when do City get to put forward our 'irrefutable evidence'?
No doubt during the process they will refer to the dossier we provided to UEFA that holds our evidence so there is little doubt that CAS will get to see it.

There main focus though will be on did Uefa follow their own processes and governance. If they find that this was seriously breached at any stage they should find in our favour.

We would have to take this to a court of law to get the evidence properly examined.from what I have read this would most likely be in Switzerland.

I've fought the feeling for some time but I may as well admit that I'm enjoying this.

It didn't sit well with me that we were joining the cartel in shitting on historic clubs like Villa, Wolves, Everton etc not to mention any fan who ever had a dream of winning something.

Someone had to do something about the cartel ruining football and, quite honestly, I'm proud, but not surprised, that it's us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.