UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordinarily you’d be right but I suspect these fuckers know they haven’t got much of a case so they are grandstanding hoping to inflict as much damage as they can on our business and our brand in the hope CAS simply overturn it on a technicality and the stigma will stick and they can plan their next attack.

My first thought was that they've gone all-in, as there's nothing to lose.
And yes, I agree with you that the smear is in, and hacks will always now describe City as "banned for two years".

I'd not really looked at the argument before, but Parisian put it brilliantly last night.

Does UEFA seriously consider City would only be able to charge £8m per annum for the sponsoring of our shirt, stadium and training campus?

And the next time someone you hear or know states we have been inflating our sponsorship, kindly tell them to fuck off in the general above pertinent point.

UEFA was already on record as stating the Etihad deal was fair value (ten years ago) nor a related party.

So which is it, we are inflating sponsorship that is deemed fair value, or the Etihad cash is being topped up by a non-related party!

The Etihad deal is being topped up by the airlines owner ! It’s shareholders in effect.

I still can't work out why it took 6 months before CAS decided City's complaint should be rejected because it could be addressed by the Adjudicatory Chamber after all. The damage was already done, the probity of the Investigatory stage was destroyed by fundamental confidentiality requirements being repeatedly breached by Leterme. In such circumstances UEFA's entire sanction process was openly undermined and exposed as a wholly corrupt and racist attack on us.

And that’s good because we can now target that incompetence in our appeal.

As a qualified and very experienced accountant, I'd say you are entirely wrong: it makes no difference how it was routed (so long as it wasn't illegal) that's just a matter of substance over form. We don't know if UEFA have been idiotic enough to let such a thing confuse them as to the true source of the money and that is an issue because we currently have problem. if the routing of money is a problem it can be solved by providing appropriate evidence.
We are merely speculating though on what has happened; although it does seem to be the case that the EC have been funding Etihad's sponsorship if City and therefore, as an expedient, could quite legitimately have sent the cash via ADUG as a short-cut.
So long as Mansour was not funneling his money through Etihad to City and disguising investment as sponsorship, we have not broken FFP rules as far as I can see.
If it is Mansour's money, we have to go and fight FFP unless we can have UEFA's hacked evidence dismissed as inadmissible.
I accept we may have done it as a technicality to facilitate the transfer of the monies but in doing so we may have dropped a bollock.
You say it makes 'no difference how it was routed'.
Is there anything in FFP that says this and if not then I go back to base and say that if it came through ADUG it came through a related party and that is entirely relevant as that is the link to our owners .
If it comes through a bank or clearing house then no problem - no link to the owners.

So when we are cleared of all wrong doings, where does this leave us going forward with UEFA and the gutter press. Do we try and break UEFA apart if all our evidence stacks towards us heavily in being able to do so? And will every single journo that has spouted bile and vitriol about the whole issue offer public apologies? Or do we screw them all as well?
Screw the press too, apart from Martin Samuel every other journalist has gleefully kicked us in the bollocks, I'd be throwing libel at them like confetti and take the ****s down.

As a qualified and very experienced accountant, I'd say you are entirely wrong: it makes no difference how it was routed (so long as it wasn't illegal) that's just a matter of substance over form. We don't know if UEFA have been idiotic enough to let such a thing confuse them as to the true source of the money and that is an issue because we currently have problem. if the routing of money is a problem it can be solved by providing appropriate evidence.

We are merely speculating though on what has happened; although it does seem to be the case that the EC have been funding Etihad's sponsorship if City and therefore, as an expedient, could quite legitimately have sent the cash via ADUG as a short-cut.

So long as Mansour was not funneling his money through Etihad to City and disguising investment as sponsorship, we have not broken FFP rules as far as I can see.

If it is Mansour's money, we have to go and fight FFP unless we can have UEFA's hacked evidence dismissed as inadmissible.
Thanks for that. Optimism grows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.