UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the-fc-copenhagen-fans-tonight-unveiled-amazing-anti-uefa-banner.jpg

78a86-1506629725-500.jpg

vfr6ti4l0ev31.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

2d42ac932d2ab139424d78c1c67f5d62.jpg

Always thought he’s a bit self righteous and pompous...Winter. Not your typical football hack.

Henry Winter wrote this in January last year when the dippers were 7 points clear and just before City beat them.

Every supporter should celebrate if Liverpool triumph

Most of the article is hidden behind the Times' paywall but the title of the article tells you everything you need to kow.

The CAS adjudicators are experienced professionals who have cultivated significant profiles as independent arbiters. They are capable of assessing everything in the round and making sound and sustainable judgements. In their determination, they have to address all matters raised and contested. Therefore if we can provide evidence proving that the funds came from the EC (the fulcrum of the matter), it will be impossible for CAS to argue otherwise in their determination. CAS cannot refute the irrefutable without bringing CAS as an institution into disrepute.

Assuming CAS takes our side, I think that the future for Der Spiegel is very bleak. It's one thing accepting stolen materials but an entirely separate thing to cherry-pick evidence to misrepresent the actions of the club. If we win at CAS, I expect that the club will bring an enormous defamation case against Der Spiegel.

I think the part on CAS is accurate. I don't recall anyone having a grievance with a CAS ruling on legal/balance grounds - it is inevitable that they are more commonly going to reduce/overturn punishments than increase them.

The second part - not so sure. I would think that the emails were out there, Spiegel and a lot of other media dived into them, they reported what they had found and what it suggested. That's generally acceptable behaviour in the media, and all the other media who ran further with it are equally at fault.

Did we leak this to Martin Blackburn?

The huge UEFA cloud hovering over Manchester City has a £369 million Silver Lake lining. The US investment firm paid that sum for a 10% share in the CFG. All cash has been paid up front and gone straight into CFG coffers – rather than Sheikh Mansour’s pocket. [@SunMartinB]

I dont get this, SL investment is not an income for Man City on the books is it?

It doesnt do anything for us in terms of balancing our books in case of CL ban.

Correct. It is the Sun though, and they're writing for the uninformed.

United, ie the Glazers will no doubt have borrowed the money on terms that preclude the banks calling in the loan, except on default.
In case of Portsmouth, the lender and the chairman were the same person, so no protection for the club.
Not so. There are usually covenants in loan agreements and there's one in theirs I believe. It's something like if they don't qualify for the CL in two consecutive seasons and their earnings figure falls below a certain level then they're on breach. They'll probably be ok if they're in the Thursday night cup bit of they were to miss out on Europe altogether then they could be in danger of breaching their covenants.

Yes, interesting. Wish we knew what this was about. Did UEFA, for example, mount a fishing expedition: "Send us all you emails for the last ten years."
Given Leterme's letter refusing to discuss the leaks and the alleged failure to read our evidence, they have a cheek.

you would be mad to send your evidence to UEFA an organisation that leaks like a sieve, it would be all over the press in hours !

Henry Winter wrote this in January last year when the dippers were 7 points clear and just before City beat them.

Every supporter should celebrate if Liverpool triumph

Most of the article is hidden behind the Times' paywall but the title of the article tells you everything you need to kow.

Winter won't have had anything to do with the headline.

Someone with access may be able to tell if it's a snippet from a longer phrase of Winter's which is therefore out of context.

The CAS adjudicators are experienced professionals who have cultivated significant profiles as independent arbiters. They are capable of assessing everything in the round and making sound and sustainable judgements. In their determination, they have to address all matters raised and contested. Therefore if we can provide evidence proving that the funds came from the EC (the fulcrum of the matter), it will be impossible for CAS to argue otherwise in their determination. CAS cannot refute the irrefutable without bringing CAS as an institution into disrepute.

Assuming CAS takes our side, I think that the future for Der Spiegel is very bleak. It's one thing accepting stolen materials but an entirely separate thing to cherry-pick evidence to misrepresent the actions of the club. If we win at CAS, I expect that the club will bring an enormous defamation case against Der Spiegel.
I think CAS and UEFA are pretty much in bed together, that's my worry here. Might not matter one jot if we've got the right evidence to prove we are clean, I think the decision has already been made.

welcome mate. @Prestwich_Blue is a fan who (I believe) is also an accountant. He sits on City Matters for Season Ticket Holders so regularly has access to the Club to a pretty high level (COO). I can only speak for myself but his research so far has been spot on. Forensic in nature and presented in a way the ordinary fan can understand. You need to make your own mind up but he is my 'go to' for anything on FFP.
For the sake of accuracy I have an accountancy background but I'm not an accountant.

My big question will CAS be okay with how Uefa opened the new case against us after the Der Spiegel promoting the hacked/stolen emails?

I dont think CAS had any similar case regarding Uefa/FFP earlier that had hacked/stolen data as proof or become a basis of an investigation at least I dont remember one.

That is the very first thing our expensive legal team has to explore imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.