"Disappointing" attendances

Normally with you on just about every post you make mate, but not this. I was missing last night, cos I have a 500 mile round trip for home games that always involves me having to take 2 days off work for midweekers, something that I just cannot do at 7 days notice. My eldest lad flew the flag for the family last night. It took him an hour and a half to get from Warrington to Manchester by car, he got to the ground about 10 mins after kick off and then found himself in a 25 minute queue to get in via the totally inadequate one “late” turnstile City had open, despite it being well known by that stage that traffic into Manchester from the South and the West had been so awful that many Blues apparently gave it up as a bad job and went home. Chuck in a daft 19:30hrs kick off and last night’s circumstances were the perfect storm for a low attendance.
There will be certainly thousands in your boat from last night mate, and many will have gone on holiday and many could not get through that traffic.

But the number of empty seats last night could no way all fall under those things.

Loads will have just sacked it off because they couldn’t be bothered.

Normally with you on just about every post you make mate, but not this. I was missing last night, cos I have a 500 mile round trip for home games that always involves me having to take 2 days off work for midweekers, something that I just cannot do at 7 days notice. My eldest lad flew the flag for the family last night. It took him an hour and a half to get from Warrington to Manchester by car, he got to the ground about 10 mins after kick off and then found himself in a 25 minute queue to get in via the totally inadequate one “late” turnstile City had open, despite it being well known by that stage that traffic into Manchester from the South and the West had been so awful that many Blues apparently gave it up as a bad job and went home. Chuck in a daft 19:30hrs kick off and last night’s circumstances were the perfect storm for a low attendance.
I'm not sure any local blues think that journeys like that make you not loyal mate. I wouldn't do it at all, maybe the odd game.

Those who were stuck in traffic will just love you adding to their being pissed off for missing some or the whole of the match where they have been stuck on a motorway with no way to get forward, turn off to get another route or to give up and go home.
Any traffic issues last night were due to general Manchester traffic problems. Not good if people missed the match but shit happens. You're going to get that sort of problem wherever the ground is situated. Road infrastructure around the Etihad is fine

I do wonder if the discrepancy between matchday prices and price per match of season tickets is a factor.
Last night I paid £30 for my daughter to attend. My son's season ticket cost around £140 for season.If you are going to attend a handful of games then it's a no brainer to get a season ticket and then just pick and choose which games you turn up for.
Is that the reason why so many empty seats in the family stand last night?

Any traffic issues last night were due to general Manchester traffic problems. Not good if people missed the match but shit happens. You're going to get that sort of problem wherever the ground is situated. Road infrastructure around the Etihad is fine
Think there were some nasty issues last night on the roads and motorways. ok for people like me ten mins away .

I do wonder if the discrepancy between matchday prices and price per match of season tickets is a factor.
Last night I paid £30 for my daughter to attend. My son's season ticket cost around £140 for season.If you are going to attend a handful of games then it's a no brainer to get a season ticket and then just pick and choose which games you turn up for.
Is that the reason why so many empty seats in the family stand last night?
Half term and a rearranged game.....probably a few away ?

you and me to pal only we do 600 mile round trip ;)

Think there were some nasty issues last night on the roads and motorways. ok for people like me ten mins away .
I now live in Urmston and normally use public transport for the match. Train or bus / tram depending on prematch preparations. Which is perfectly adequate. Last night I drove because I had to drop my lads off in Leeds after the match. Drive there in rush was a bit of a ballache. Parked up close the ground at St Brigids school. Did the round trip to Leeds and back home after the match and was home by 11.45.
Don't really agree with the obsession that City fans have about what time they get home and blaming transport because they'd sooner watch the match on the telly

I now live in Urmston and normally use public transport for the match. Train or bus / tram depending on prematch preparations. Which is perfectly adequate. Last night I drove because I had to drop my lads off in Leeds after the match. Drive there in rush was a bit of a ballache. Parked up close the ground at St Brigids school. Did the round trip to Leeds and back home after the match and was home by 11.45.
Don't really agree with the obsession that City fans have about what time they get home and blaming transport because they'd sooner watch the match on the telly
Thought there was a crash on the M62?

Thought there was a crash on the M62?
There was a car on fire on the slip road from the M60 to the 62 after the match. Horrendous traffic but managed to get round it. But again that's nothing to do with transport links to and from the Etihad. Shit happens every day with Britain's shit transport network

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.