League Cup final tickets

Steve MacKenzie.......

Thanks for that, I would like to say I remember it clearly as I was there but that game seems to merge with the 1969 semi goal that Tommy Booth scored against Everton.
Perhaps due to the amount of beer drank on both occasions!

Fantastic, we should have won it that year. 1-0 in the first game, MacKenzie rounds the keeper and hits the post, would have been game over. Then Hoddle flukes that free kick.
Cried all the way back from the replay. I love watching this lot and Aguero could never be beaten but it felt different back then. Platt Lane v Norwich in the 4th round with my dad, wondering if this could be the start of a cup run. It was. Hearing that we were 2-1 down at Everton whilst walking round Bury Market with a mate then getting home to hear Power had snatched a late equaliser. No internet. No texts. Pink Final, Brian Clark. Maine Rd.

Cried all the way back from the replay. I love watching this lot and Aguero could never be beaten but it felt different back then. Platt Lane v Norwich in the 4th round with my dad, wondering if this could be the start of a cup run. It was. Hearing that we were 2-1 down at Everton whilst walking round Bury Market with a mate then getting home to hear Power had snatched a late equaliser. No internet. No texts. Pink Final, Brian Clark. Maine Rd.

Happy days, with a bit of luck we would have won more in the seventies and that final.

Memories of the 5-1 David White show...
Had a ticket for the original match which was a Saturday in December I think & by the time I'd got to Euston a villa lad said it was off, as mentioned down the thread villa Park didn't have undersoil heating at the time.
It was always difficult then to find out when the rearranged match was scheduled but I remember ringing the club several times and eventually being told about a month before it was going to be on Wednesday 24th April so duly booked a day off.
Cue being at work on the Tuesday evening and my dad rings up "how about that eh? Whitey, 4 goals, you must be chuffed... Etc"
Quick check of teletext & the ticket remained unused in my wallet.
Amazing how peripheral football could be in those days & without ringing clubcall* (from work if you could get away with it obviously) & if you weren't local & following the local press this sort of thing could happen.
Still have no idea how I didn't even see the fixture in the paper that day but would have been too late to rearrange.
Seen us a few times there subsequently although tickets hard to get over the last few years, last visit saw Kiki masumpa score for us in a 2-1 win about 2006 iirc?
*ask your dad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.