Leicester City (A) - Post-Match Thread

I still think he has it in him to be world class.
Seems to try too hard at times and whether it’s a confidence thing or what, I don’t know, but he can over complicate things in his own head.

However he can learn so much under Pep and he has shown in the past that he can score off either foot. He just needs to trust in himself. Best I’ve seen of him is when he takes it early on whichever foot it comes naturally to, rather than slowing the attack by cutting back.

Like the one he put away today.

I really do still think he has it in him. Has very good control and two good feet.
Not in any doubt....

Never in doubt...

Murdered the "Kick It To The Skinny Guy And Hope" mob...

UEFA Cup Final v Scouse Scum... City win in the 93rd minute with a (dodgy) penalty...

...when I consult my crystal ball as to who takes the pen, it goes all cloudy.

JJ

We put in a good shift no complaints at that. Fortunately the defence is doing its job so only 1 goal was enough tonight. Honestly believe the players are more interested in top performances in the CL now and I get that. They dont want too risk injuring themselves. If we can keep the ship steady in the top 4 thats all thats needed with the big gaps below us. Just hoping the real City turn up on Wednesday.I think they wiil.

Fernandinho made some good tackles but I just don't think he is good enough in that position. Several times this season he's been caught out with a simple ball in behind because his positioning is wrong.

I would start Laporte and Otamendi against Madrid.
Harsh if you don't mind me saying so. City play an extraordinary high line and with the full backs playing as default midfielders that type of offensive strategy is bound to catch out some of the greats.

I'd say in both cases, the decision wasn't wrong enough for VAR to overturn it. They should have stuck with the ref's decision both times for me.
Agree we were lucky with Kev’s but would say where his was debatable (protecting his face?), there was no doubting ours. His arm was well out.

Barring going to Anfield if you wanted some prep for a difficult away in Madrid Leicester away would be it. Mendy got in some good positions and we showed some grit. Let’s give it to them twats on Wednesday.
If you think Leicester are on the same planet as "them twats" think again, we'll need a huge improvement to get anything on Wednesday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.