COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just know that this is going to be a stupid question - but fuck it I don't mind embarrassing myself

I have a spare supply of antibiotics - and I am considering starting a course to try and help

Now I know that 'logically' antibiotics should not work as they treat bacteria rather than viruses - but I am guessing that if you get the virus the complications could leading to bacterial co-infection?

Just wondering.
For once you're correct. It is a stupid question. ;-p

• Antibiotics only work on bacteria.
  • Antiviral drugs work on (most) viruses.
  • You should never take them unless/until you need them and are prescribed them by a doctor.
  • If you do need them, then complete the course.
  • Antibiotics can have a short shelf life, depending on the type.
  • Doctors advise that, despite use-by dates being up to 3 years, that they are returned. after 1 year maximum.
  • Don't throw them in the bin, take them back to the pharmacy/surgery.

2% mortality rate is pretty normal for flu. In all the hype, people seem to have forgotten how many people die every year both in this country and elsewhere from 'normal' seasonal flu.
Seasonal flu has a mortality of about 0.1% Flu has been going around a long time so a lot of people have immunity to it so the spread is less. Potentially it is considerably more serious than a standard flu season.

I just know that this is going to be a stupid question - but fuck it I don't mind embarrassing myself

I have a spare supply of antibiotics - and I am considering starting a course to try and help

Now I know that 'logically' antibiotics should not work as they treat bacteria rather than viruses - but I am guessing that if you get the virus the complications could leading to bacterial co-infection?

Just wondering.
Are you for real....you'd be better off going outside and running around in circles waving your arms about.

2% mortality rate is pretty normal for flu. In all the hype, people seem to have forgotten how many people die every year both in this country and elsewhere from 'normal' seasonal flu.

it really isn’t. Flu’s mortality rate is about 0.05%

Presently, Iran is a bigger threat for spreading of corona virus than China but powers to be are sleeping.

Iran has many religious sites which are visited by millions of Shia Muslims every year from around the world. Moreover, there standards of healthcare are pretty dire. This poses a serious threat to whole region. According to official statistics issued by Iran's health ministry reported cases are 134 with 19 dead which makes their fatality rate highest.

Today, Pakistan reported its first confirmed case of a 22 year old who visited Iran recently with his family to religious sites in Iran.

An important article in NY Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/24/world/middleeast/coronavirus-iran.html

The only people at risk for this thing are elders, who are already past their reproductive age. It has no consequence in an evolutionary sense. As for the strength of humans, what do we need to be strong enough for? Why should some humans be too weak to be left alive? We don't have to fight for food in the savannah anymore, we lost those traits long ago. Don't worry, evolution works just fine without any help; if you are strong enough for the environment you live in, you survive.

You have the potential to make for a worrisome clinician. "Doctor Uffa is ready to see you now ...go straight on in"

F3kuEcK.gif

Just wondering.
Go and get a nice big bottle of White Lightening to wash them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.