COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some sort of expert on the BBC made the point that Hubei province has a population similar to the Uk. They’ve had a couple of thousand deaths (assuming there hasn’t been a massive cover up by the authorities). Which suggests that speculation of possibly hundreds of thousands of deaths in the UK is wildly pessimistic.

although I’m not sure that the UK would be prepared to endure the sort of lock down measures that have been imposed in China. Not when you read reports of the Tenerife hotel where they’ve been told to stay in their rooms but people are on the sun loungers and in the pool.

Trump has just put Pence in charge of the US coronavirus response.

Any non-Christians are ****ed.

once a pandemic is declaired there expecting millions to be wipped off the markets,gold is the only move thats safe but now to late to buy as its rocketed in price

Yes, and I'm sure many here are following investment advice from someone speaking English as a third language. Or at least I hope it's your third language.

Some sort of expert on the BBC made the point that Hubei province has a population similar to the Uk. They’ve had a couple of thousand deaths (assuming there hasn’t been a massive cover up by the authorities). Which suggests that speculation of possibly hundreds of thousands of deaths in the UK is wildly pessimistic.

although I’m not sure that the UK would be prepared to endure the sort of lock down measures that have been imposed in China. Not when you read reports of the Tenerife hotel where they’ve been told to stay in their rooms but people are on the sun loungers and in the pool.
The second bit of your post addresses your first.

Whilst it is very likely that the official numbers are much lower than actual numbers (across confirmed cases, severe cases, CFR, and so on; they just revised the R0 up, by the way), they are also actually much lower than they otherwise would be because China has a centralised, authoritarian government with incredible control (politically, culturally, technologically, and physically) over their citizens, allowing them to take drastic action to limit the spread of any viral outbreak.

Such measures cannot be taken or cannot be tolerated in other countries without that level of control.

Gonna be pretty embarrassing when the loungers and swimmers don't come down with the lurgi.. its the news - if they are not scaring you they aren't doing their job......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.