Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the physios have got a clue how to go about treating injuries, other teams don't seem to have any problems
At one point Newcastle and Bournemouth only had 16 of their 25 man squads to choose from. In one game Newcastle had 7 of what would be their first choice 11 out injured.

United have had more injuries than we have all season. When they beat us at our place they had more key players out than we did.

We’ve done just about above average for injuries this season. Yet because we haven’t done as well results-wise everyone looks for excuses and injuries is an easy one to hold on to. It stops people admitting we’re not good enough.

At one point Newcastle and Bournemouth only had 16 of their 25 man squads to choose from. In one game Newcastle had 7 of what would be their first choice 11 out injured.

United have had more injuries than we have all season. When they beat us at our place they had more key players out than we did.

We’ve done just about above average for injuries this season. Yet because we haven’t done as well results-wise everyone looks for excuses and injuries is an easy one to hold on to. It stops people admitting we’re not good enough.
So we're rubbish, then?

I agree and disagree.

We have a better injury record than most but we were very reliant on Laporte and losing him was a killer blow.

Hamstring after knee is very common. Especially if they used the hammy to fix the knee. (Did eith mine)

Ok...so no other Premier League teams have any injuries? Wow, that's amazing.

I don't think the problem is with the major injury necessarily occuring - that happens.

The problem is what seems to be consistent issues once they've made a full recovery from that injury, extending the timeout from anywhere between 1-3 months cumulatively. That's completing negating the advantage of getting to bring them back early, and even making it worse.

People seem to think it's normal - it's not. Especially not with the medical care and analysis that these guys get.

I don't think the problem is with the major injury necessarily occuring - that happens.

The problem is what seems to be consistent issues once they've made a full recovery from that injury, extending the timeout from anywhere between 1-3 months cumulatively. That's completing negating the advantage of getting to bring them back early, and even making it worse.

People seem to think it's normal - it's not. Especially not with the medical care and analysis that these guys get.
The body works at it's own pace whatever you do

with hindsight a fair comment , with all the technology and science involved with players fitness levels , surprising that he has been risked. Laporte is needed for the last ten/twelve games , that is the business end when the trophies are handed out.

I was genuinely shocked to see him in the starting line up against Leicester.

all you have to say is 3 starts in a week from someone who has been out for 5 months, it’s a joke, baffling decision from our medical team.

I think most of us was surprised he played for 70 mins in his come back game. I think that's pretty shocking from our medical team to be honest. He even waved to the bench to tell them he's time was up.

I’m really starting to question our medical team. Players returning from injury need to be eased in. It’s the same with any sport, hell even with the normal gym goer, everyone knows when you’ve been out of the gym for a longer period of time, when you come back you ease yourself in.

Match Fitness needs to be built up slowly. I’m sure clubs around Europe are laughing at our medical team.

the decision to start a player in 3 games in one week who is just returning from a 5 month layoff is nothing short of a comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.