#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a very good game, still slightly too soon for me to be getting the lube out like some are, but very encouraging signs. Great move by Pep to play him out wide where the time and space is rather than in the middle where he would have been rushed in possession. Hopefully gets some good minutes before the end of the season.

Had another eye-opening performance yesterday. Even if you don't think he's a better option that some of our senior players (which I do) it's absolutely plain to see that there isn't some imagined risk or tradeoff between playing him and someone else. For me, watching that game and coming to any conclusion other than "wow, he should've been playing more this whole time" is wrong.

The replies to the tweet show how rattled rival fans are at the thought of it. Honestly, remember how Rashford got included in the WC squad two years ago after just emerging in the second half of the season? Pep can play Foden plenty between now and the end of the season and it wouldn't surprise me if Southgate brought him along.

I just hope Pep uses this momentum and gives him a proper shot in the league going forward. It's so clear that David is a shell of his former self now and Phil represents the more credible option going forward.

He should be playing against Wednesday midweek, so hopefully he puts on another showcase.

A couple of months of strong performances in the limelight will be enough to get him to the Euro's and you can bet it would be a dream come true for him to make it.

The replies to the tweet show how rattled rival fans are at the thought of it. Honestly, remember how Rashford got included in the WC squad two years ago after just emerging in the second half of the season? Pep can play Foden plenty between now and the end of the season and it wouldn't surprise me if Southgate brought him along.

There's going to be some really rattled Villa, Leicester and Chelsea fans over the next 12 months as Foden completely surpasses Grealish, Maddison and Mount despite playing fewer games.

I love Phils poise when he's on the ball, he's so gracefull and technically brilliant, his vision is also immaculate, I'm trying to think of any left footers that were the same, Arnold Muhren maybe..
Good shout Muhren.One of my fav players of the 80s. His goal return was around 1every 8 games played in England which I think Foden will easily beat ..and our player is naturally two footed with the same composure as Liam Brady Muhren and David Silva.
Early days yet of course...

A couple of months of strong performances in the limelight will be enough to get him to the Euro's and you can bet it would be a dream come true for him to make it.
I think his performance on Sunday merits more time on the pitch and hopefully starting on Wednesday. If he could get five starts (and play well) between now and the end of the season then Southgate would have to take him.

I just hope Pep uses this momentum and gives him a proper shot in the league going forward. It's so clear that David is a shell of his former self now and Phil represents the more credible option going forward.

He should be playing against Wednesday midweek, so hopefully he puts on another showcase.

Phil offers everything David used to.

Brilliant yesterday and deserves more game time. Would love to see him start against the Rags and score the winner at the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.