#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harsh. Silva played well against Villa at the weekend and has played well overall this season. Think one of our greatest ever players deserves a bit more respect.

I don’t think it’s disrespectful to point out that by his admittedly extremely high standards he has rarely performed at last year’s level this year.Don’t know if he’s been carrying an injury this season or just his legs are going.

It’s all a matter of opinion but I really feel that his influence in games hasn’t been what it was. The killer pass, the closing down, the tackling & the goals are not there this season.

His greatness isn’t under question for what he has done for the club since he arrived but Father Time catches up on us all.

Still think Sergio has made the bigger difference to our success and sadly one day his time to leave us will come as well.

CTID

Pep Guardiola: “People said when Leroy got injured that we may have to go to the transfer market. I said no, Phil can play in the middle or wide. I know exactly their skills and what exactly we need in specific games. And I know exactly that he can do it.”

Pep Guardiola on @PhilFoden in big occasions: “I’m not scared to put the young players into important games and decide to do it. I have played a final with Phil, I see him every day. Every time we let him play, always he plays good, at a high level..."

“Last season he played when we took on Tottenham to win the Premier League after being knocked out of the Champions League by them. He also played against Leicester. I didn’t have any doubts..."

"The only reason Phil and other players maybe don’t have the minutes they deserve is because of the squad and important players. Some players have more experience than Phil - something he doesn’t have as he’s 19. That is the only reason why."

I will not get my hopes up for him starting against United. Even though PL has been over and Top 4 is pretty much guaranteed.

I will not get my hopes up for him starting against United. Even though PL has been over and Top 4 is pretty much guaranteed.
Even with top 4 a certainty and the league gone, I cannot see anything other than Pep putting out his strongest team for each remaining league game. It's his call whether that includes Foden or not

If academy players, not just just Foden and Garcia, are not getting league apps when there is nothing to play and CL place secured, why bother to stick around?

Also no disrespect to David(or Bernardo) what did he show against Wednesday/Villa to warrant a start on Sunday? What has Stones done to warrant a start over Garcia??

If academy players, not just just Foden and Garcia, are not getting league apps when there is nothing to play and CL place secured, why bother to stick around?

Also no disrespect to David(or Bernardo) what did he show against Wednesday/Villa to warrant a start on Sunday? What has Stones done to warrant a start over Garcia??

PM Pep ?

financial positioning in the league is important, as it doesn’t look like our bans being suspended for the CL whilst we have the appeal in place.

Maybe Foden will "stick around" because he is a born and bred Manchester City fan and player , and blue blood runs through his vains , he has also been with the club since he was 7 years old , or dont you understand the complexities of loyalty and belonging ?

Maybe Foden will "stick around" because he is a born and bred Manchester City fan and player , and blue blood runs through his vains , he has also been with the club since he was 7 years old , or dont you understand the complexities of loyalty and belonging ?

Bernardo is a die hard benfica fan, born and raised, academy since he was 7. Posts about them on social media non-stop, always talks about how upset he is that he never really played for them. But the coach wouldn't play him, so he left for Monaco at 19 and never looked back.

No matter how much they love the club, every kid wants to be a professional footballer more than they want to be a bench ornament at their childhood club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.