UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what gets me, a think i have this right.

Say Villa stay up this season and the owner pumps more money in so they can buy better players in the summer.
They then finish mid table next year and the owner invests more in new players to push for Europe.
They then finish they year in 8th place so the owner buys a top player in the summer and they go on to finish 5th and finally qualify for Europe.

They make a massive loss over 3 years, up to now Uefa haven't given a flying fuck but now they qualify for Europe they have failed FFP and get a further fine on top of their losses and banned from Europe.

How does that make any sense?

If the Bravo hadn't made that save on Sunday and then Villa exploited our crap penalties to win the league cup, then they would have been excluded anyway for breaching UEFA FFP as they only escaped EFL & PL sanctions by flogging the stadium to the owner and leasing it back which UEFA wouldn't include in their assessment. So they may as well go balls deep in this monitoring period should they stay up as even if they qualify they can't play in Europe anyway.

I had to explain this to one of the mouthy gits calling us cheats on Sunday

If the Bravo hadn't made that save on Sunday and then Villa exploited our crap penalties to win the league cup, then they would have been excluded anyway for breaching UEFA FFP as they only escaped EFL & PL sanctions by flogging the stadium to the owner and leasing it back which UEFA wouldn't include in their assessment. So they may as well go balls deep in this monitoring period should they stay up as even if they qualify they can't play in Europe anyway.

I had to explain this to one of the mouthy gits calling us cheats on Sunday
When did City last lose a penalty shoot-out?

When did City last lose a penalty shoot-out?

It was creating a hypothetical situation to explain why Villa wouldn't qualify even if they won on Sunday. I am well aware of City's recent success in shootouts, however I wouldn't be feeling confident going into one this season with how piss poor our penalties have been.

Re Villa...

What are the sanctions for failing PL FFP?....obv for for Uefa its being banned from the champions league....but what for the PL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.