COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CDC explain that “because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures.”

Like any virus then, cold amd flue die out over 24-48 hrs at ambient temperatures on surfaces.

The it will dip when it gets warmer or that it won't survive at 25°c which no body actually knows yet how the viris works is a false rumour

But it’s mainly spread through aerosol transmission so whether it survives on surfaces or not, it doesn’t really matter too much.
But if it's unable to survive on surfaces such as door handles and other regularly human contact surfaces, that can only help it decreasing it's potential to spread, correct?

I'm making it up that COVID-19 cannot survive on surfaces in 25 degree enviromental temperatures?

Okay.
You’re making it up that summer will stop it.

I’ve no idea if that temperature is correct, I’d have to read your source. Would be weird if true as the human body is 12 degrees warmer than that and it’s loves that.

The CDC explain that “because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures.”
“Over a period of days or weeks....”

How do you think people are catching it?

You’re making it up that summer will stop it.

I’ve no idea if that temperature is correct, I’d have to read your source.
I never said summer will stop it, did I.
I said that the Coronavirus doesn't do well to survive in ambient temperatures above 25 degrees. That's from the CDC.

I never said summer will stop it, did I.
I said that the Coronavirus doesn't do well to survive in ambient temperatures above 25 degrees. That's from the CDC.
Doesn’t do well over days or weeks it says.

Doesn’t say it kills it.

People aren’t catching it from touching something that was touched a month ago by someone infected. One person in an office can infect 90% of the other workers within one day from touching equipment/door handles.

It doesn’t have to survive for a week.

But if it's unable to survive on surfaces such as door handles and other regularly human contact surfaces, that can only help it decreasing it's potential to spread, correct?
Oh indeed! People should be doing that in their homes anyway whether there’s a virus going around or not. We should have our windows on the latch n’all so our exhaled breath is being ventilated away from the home and not trapped in and recycled.

But someone can wipe down their door handles and surfaces twice a day, keep their windows open and have good fresh air, but go to work and share a ventilation shaft with someone in an office twelve feet away, who’s got it, and contract it from them through the shaft.

Doesn’t do well over days or weeks it says.

Doesn’t say it kills it.

People aren’t catching it from touching something that was touched a month ago by someone infected. One person in an office can infect 90% of the other workers within one day from touching equipment/door handles.

It doesn’t have to survive for a week.
Well that's one way of completely missing the point of what I was getting at.

I don't think I ever said anything that refutes how it spreads, merely pointing out that researchers believe that it's potential to spread will be reduced as temperatures in the northern hemipshere rise.

Oh indeed! People should be doing that in their homes anyway whether there’s a virus going around or not. We should have our windows on the latch n’all so our exhaled breath is being ventilated away from the home and not trapped in and recycled.

But someone can wipe down their door handles and surfaces twice a day, keep their windows open and have good fresh air, but go to work and share a ventilation shaft with someone in an office twelve feet away, who’s got it, and contract it from them through the shaft.
The new strain isn't airborne.

The new coronavirus is spread through droplets and surfaces.

The principal mode of transmission is still thought to be respiratory droplets, which may travel up to six feet from someone who is sneezing or coughing. The new coronavirus isn’t believed to be an airborne virus, like measles or smallpox, that can circulate through the air. “If you have an infected person in the front of the plane, for instance, and you’re in the back of the plane, your risk is close to zero simply because the area of exposure is thought to be roughly six feet from the infected person,” said Chiu.

Close contact with an infectious person, such as shaking hands, or touching a doorknob, tabletop or other surfaces touched by an infectious person, and then touching your nose, eyes, or mouth can also transmit the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.