What's the difference?

Rodri.

That’s the move that’s made us fall apart for me.

it doesn’t matter if he turns into a world beater, he isn’t this season and his insertion into the side has dramatically upset our balance.

Then it’s Sane, Laporte and the removal of Vinny, Danillo and Delph from the mix. All great personalities.

Relentless consistency for 2 seasons is going to take its toll eventually. It has. We played a blinder last season winning the league with 14 wins on the bounce whilst going for both CL and FA cup at the same time and after just winning the League Cup. Liverpool would have won the league last season in every other year since football began, but they didn’t.

Fair play to them, they didn’t let it affect them and will deservedly win the league this season. Their form and wins however you want to look at them have taken their toll. The players knew the game was up in November. Once it’s gone mentally it’s very hard to keep the focus, especially given the lack of leader, ie Kompany. His loss, the loss of Laporte, the loss of Sane and the declining form of Silva and Sterling has affected us for sure, but even had all those players been with us we would still more than likely be well behind Liverpool as their form has been relentless,albeit with no pressure on them.

I’m not sure what we look like next season. A lot depends on the appeal judgement.

All successful teams have their spells and ours could continue but maybe not. Time will tell.

That's a very balanced view of things. Maybe we have to go backwards to go forward. I'll still be going regardless and to be honest I've missed an exciting relegation or promotion season :)

Its as if the core of the side before the Season had got going had written off the effort to see off Liverpool again and settled for a shot at the Chumps League. That lack of intensity may have come from the Manager up.

Last season we were in a race ... this season we are not!

Where it matters (champions league, and especially after uefa announcement) we’ve seen the same team of last two years, in fact even better ...

It’s all in the minds and the players and manager are all human ... so that small percentage drop even unconsciously is causing this in performances ... but when and where it really matters, it’s all right there!
Disagree. We’ve beaten the ghost of Real Madrid that’s all. We’re a long way from winning it.

I'm coming to the conclusion that Pep isn't getting through to the players in the same way as the two previous seasons. The intensity in our game has gone and we look tepid in comparison.

Maybe Pep is going to put everything into winning the CL and he will leave regardless of if we win it or not.

Just throwing it out there but feel free to pile on if you want to..

How many times does Pep have to say he's staying, whatever happens, before people believe him?

- Our intensity levels have dropped
- Fernandinho’s absence from midfield
- Kompany’s leadership - on and off the field
- Long-term injuries to Sane and Laporte
- Our transfer dealings in the summer, which were questionable at best
- Bernardo and Sterling’s form
- Too much faith in ageing players - Fernandinho the obvious exception

Relentless consistency for 2 seasons is going to take its toll eventually. It has. We played a blinder last season winning the league with 14 wins on the bounce whilst going for both CL and FA cup at the same time and after just winning the League Cup. Liverpool would have won the league last season in every other year since football began, but they didn’t.

Fair play to them, they didn’t let it affect them and will deservedly win the league this season. Their form and wins however you want to look at them have taken their toll. The players knew the game was up in November. Once it’s gone mentally it’s very hard to keep the focus, especially given the lack of leader, ie Kompany. His loss, the loss of Laporte, the loss of Sane and the declining form of Silva and Sterling has affected us for sure, but even had all those players been with us we would still more than likely be well behind Liverpool as their form has been relentless,albeit with no pressure on them.

I’m not sure what we look like next season. A lot depends on the appeal judgement.

All successful teams have their spells and ours could continue but maybe not. Time will tell.

I do wonder if VAR had a huge impact on the players' mindset. I think we were most likely VAR'ed out of it very early in the season.

Difference was Kev wasn't playing,Fern wasn't in midfield, Erics out and Sane not ready yet. That is way too many changes to expect the lads to pull off a result against a resurgent Rags who in fairness have made some great signings. Would love Wan Bassaka, slabhead and Fernandez in our team.

Wan Bassaka is next to useless when asked to attack, Slabhead would be hilarious in our set up, and we have our own Fernandez in Bernie..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.