COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can work from home no problem however my laptop is in work as I left before the announcement

I have since been told that or chief executive of has informed us to turn in and they will decide tomorrow for us.

Not being funny but if it gets to the point of just walking out I will. I not arsed, I have a mum on her own at 75 years of age, a father in law of the same age also on his own.

They can fuck off and sort it out later on as far as I concerned with me.

I would have thought any public service would want those who can work at home to be home. I can be called in to do another job that is required if I am well enough if the shit hits the fan later

My Mrs’s company has emailed tonight after everyone has left saying something along the lines of “we’ve seen the government message and are looking at ramping up our working from home measures, come in tomorrow and we’ll have a big team meeting and let you know”.

They’re Accountants, they can all literally work from anywhere with internet and all work off laptops.

Why the fuck drag the whole workforce in to then tell them they can work from home?

It’s ludicrous.

Something that wasn't made clear about this 14 day isolation issue. What if I get a cough and on the 14th day the missus gets a cough, on the 28th day one of the kids gets a cough etc etc... then back to me and we start again. Extreme example but you know what I mean

Also if you get symptoms and recover without being tested, how do you know if you've had it and therefore built up immunity?

I don’t even think the experts know mate and that’s those in every country.

The advice from everyone, including the WHO, is significantly lacking.

I've isolated myself and my girlfriend and her daughter for the past week and half.

Have been screaming at my family, especially my parents who have serious lung issues, about doing the same.

At the weekend my sister and her daughter went to the theatre and then went round to my parents. To say I was angry and exasperated would be an understatement.

Their whole argument is do what Boris/the government tell them to do. Not to turn this into the political forum but thankfully they've started to see sense.

Would advise u all to do the same if you can and aren't already doing it.

My Mrs’s company has emailed tonight after everyone has left saying something along the lines of “we’ve seen the government message and are looking at ramping up our working from home measures, come in tomorrow and we’ll have a big team meeting and let you know”.

They’re Accountants, they can all literally work from anywhere with internet and all work off laptops.

Why the fuck drag the whole workforce in to then tell them they can work from home?

It’s ludicrous.
Emailed today explaining our situation.
Advised no face to face unless absolutely essential.
If others we deal with don’t like our stance then tough, they need to move with the times and use Skype or some such.
Well done, although two weeks late as I’ve been doing since 18th February

Re over 70s and high risk group, there appeared to be an exemption for going out to exercise. Presumably that means dog walking is still allowed, subject to common sense restrictions?

Anyone seen anything about this?

I've isolated myself and my girlfriend and her daughter for the past week and half.

Have been screaming at my family, especially my parents who have serious lung issues, about doing the same.

At the weekend my sister and her daughter went to the theatre and then went round to my parents. To say I was angry and exasperated would be an understatement.

Their whole argument is do what Boris/the government tell them to do. Not to turn this into the political forum but thankfully they've started to see sense.

Would advise u all to do the same if you can and aren't already doing it.
How long are you planning to do this for ?

Re over 70s and high risk group, there appeared to be an exemption for going out to exercise. Presumably that means dog walking is still allowed, subject to common sense restrictions?

Anyone seen anything about this?

That's what they're saying. Just stay 6ft away from people and you can go outside.

Something that wasn't made clear about this 14 day isolation issue. What if I get a cough and on the 14th day the missus gets a cough, on the 28th day one of the kids gets a cough etc etc... then back to me and we start again. Extreme example but you know what I mean

Also if you get symptoms and recover without being tested, how do you know if you've had it and therefore built up immunity?

As I understand, if you recover from those symtoms and you HAD corona you recover because your immune system has build antibodies and the virus can't reproduce itself anymore and (after a certain time nobody knows exactly) you are not contagious anymore, and immune (most probably).

You only KNOW if you had corona, if you would be tested on antibodies - that test does not exist yet at all AFAIK.
The existing test only detects the virus itself (not your antibodies).

Your example indeed is extreme and quite unrealistic. In a shared household the infection probably should be quicker
(that's why we are reducing contacts now!). Problem is, maybe we don't show any symptoms although infected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.