COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a certain percentage. Otherwise fuck all would get done. Just emails going round in circles passing the buck and denying all knowledge. Next time you need a plumber or sparks or broadband engineer ask him if he can do it ftom his front room and save all the bother of traffic jams and the likes

You just have to manage your time effectively

This is the most hope-inspiring post I have seen since this whole nightmare started, thank-you!

In particular, "Since lockdowns result in exponentially decreasing numbers of cases, a comparatively short amount of time can be sufficient to achieve pathogen extinction, after which relaxing restrictions can be done without resurgence. Since the exponential decay is highly sensitive to the interventions made by both government and social action, simulating their effects is less helpful than the advice to “go all out” and refine the effort over time with improved tracing, testing, and other protocols."

I am not saying this is true or even likely. But it must surely be *possible*. If we can shut enough people in for a short period of time, there is a possibility that the infections could peter out. And if not to zero, then to a level which low enough that we can use monitoring and isolation of individuals/groups/clusters, to stop it spreading and rising up again. LIKE WE SHOULD HAVE DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE. The Chinese showed us the way and sadly, we ignored it. But there is hope at least that we could still beat this without huge loss of life.

Simplified conclusion from the co-author below -

They have basically come to the conclusion that this might be over in a few weeks/couple of months if we get into lockdown.

No disrespect but
You are really obsessed with this corona virus
It isn’t healthy try and get expert views as you’ll hear many conflicting views on here, somebody posted a while back 380,000 deaths from it
Which is just a figure he’d plucked out of his arse. I’m not trying to play it down it’s very worrying especially for people like yourself with a young family what will be will be but the good thing is all the scientists around the world are working flat out to find something to slow the spread of this virus down.
I’ve stopped watching news channels as I was going insane with it someone would tell you something on bbc1 put sky on and you’d hear the opposite
Everyone is different though? Blanking the news might work for one person and not for another. I’d rather read the Bluemoon thread as a first port of call as if something important is said or happens, it’ll be on here too within minutes. The thread acts as an aggregator of many sources. I don’t think any one way is better than the other, everyone’s different. Besides, Peppa Pig is on our TV more than the news, and she’s strutting round like nothing is going on.

Everyone is different though? Blanking the news might work for one person and not for another. I’d rather read the Bluemoon thread as a first port of call as if something important is said or happens, it’ll be on here too within minutes. The thread acts as an aggregator of many sources. I don’t think any one way is better than the other, everyone’s different. Besides, Peppa Pig is on our TV more than the news, and she’s strutting round like nothing is going on.

Top man enjoy they don’t stay that age for long m8

Just got my call from work, got to go and see the tech guys tomorrow to see what I need to work from home. Wasn't due back until Friday but now looks like it'll be a bit longer than that. Shame there's not an option for being away from desk 'taking the dog out'. It'll have to be a 40 minute toilet break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.