Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The Italian bloke had it right...

"Football is the most important of the least important things in life.."
It's becoming less important for me since VAR and FFP, I'm getting really sick of it all. The game is completely bent towards the cartel of big clubs.
Maybe people will start to realise that the really important people in their lives are truck drivers, ambulance people, doctors, nurses, people who make sure the water keeps running and we have electricity and petrol, these are really the important people not footballers or plastic celebrities with their huge salaries and luxury travel and as for the idiots in charge of the Premier league, FA, they're so dumb and stupid they're can't even see they're wrecking their own money tree.

If they award it to Liverpool it sets a precedent. Leeds and the leaders of every other division will expect the same. And rightly so. Furthermore if you award it to Liverpool for leading at this stage then surely you have to relegate the bottom 3 by the same logic. Premier League would spend next season fighting lawsuits.

The only hassle free option is to void the season

Premier League players are being told to take their annual three weeks holiday immediately even though they will have to remain in the UK, in the hope of returning to training in mid-April and restarting the season on May 2nd

@SunSport

Solution already sorted a week ago.

I'm pencilling in tomorrow's game (Burnley) for the same weekend next year. Saves all the Liverpool howls if we just suspend this season for 12 months.....

If by the autumn things are looking up, we could find a new sponsor for a special interim competition. The Abu Dhabi Stuff You Cup.

Sheer fucking madness.

I hope city are stirring the pot a bit behind the scenes.

“well if Liverpool win the league, does that mean united miss out on champions league?” Etc

and the idea of playing the games in a stadium behind closed doors with all players staying in a hotel. Well that’s the most inhumane thing I’ve ever heard and I hope the players flat out refuse to be treated like cattle.

Sheer fucking madness.

I hope city are stirring the pot a bit behind the scenes.

“well if Liverpool win the league, does that mean united miss out on champions league?” Etc

and the idea of playing the games in a stadium behind closed doors with all players staying in a hotel. Well that’s the most inhumane thing I’ve ever heard and I hope the players flat out refuse to be treated like cattle.
Pol Pot and a few of his ilk would like a word with you...

Premier League players are being told to take their annual three weeks holiday immediately even though they will have to remain in the UK, in the hope of returning to training in mid-April and restarting the season on May 2nd

@SunSport

Yeah... i can see the players taking that... the only 3 weeks in the year they have with their families spent stuck in their Cheshire houses

It's becoming less important for me since VAR and FFP, I'm getting really sick of it all. The game is completely bent towards the cartel of big clubs.
Maybe people will start to realise that the really important people in their lives are truck drivers, ambulance people, doctors, nurses, people who make sure the water keeps running and we have electricity and petrol, these are really the important people not footballers or plastic celebrities with their huge salaries and luxury travel and as for the idiots in charge of the Premier league, FA, they're so dumb and stupid they're can't even see they're wrecking their own money tree.
Well said and sums up my feelings of the death of football this season...I have spent my life following this beautiful club of ours with many happy and sad memories along the way , this season and where we are now has been the final straw for me , I will still look out for our results but that will be it , we should all realise there are more important things in life than football

Well said and sums up my feelings of the death of football this season...I have spent my life following this beautiful club of ours with many happy and sad memories along the way , this season and where we are now has been the final straw for me , I will still look out for our results but that will be it , we should all realise there are more important things in life than football
As per usual mate, things are ruined by the people with the power, if you read Orwell's Animal farm, it's nearly always the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.