COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Twitter and Facebook are dangerous platforms when it comes to crises. Some people believe everything they read!

Guess it depends on how you use them. Both platforms are used to spread disinformation. I find Facebook especially problematic because I think people are more trusting of things that come from friends and friends of friends. Twitter can be great I think if you use it to build up a feed of sources you like and trust. Like I said earlier, I try to fact check everything I have a strong opinion on because my view is that sharing something that transpires to be false can undermine one's position massively. Bringing it back to Covid-19 more specifically it especially important to be careful on what we share when lives are at risk.

My Mum is 93 years of age and is very independent.I have a key for her house and will be delivering both her card and present.I will however knock on the door and let her open it.No doubt she will want me to go inside but I am at risk due to high blood pressure and I can catch a sore throat and bad chest at the drop of a hat.This will be my first time out for 2 weeks,which hasn`t been bothering me at all,as its in my interest.
My sister however does visit on a quite regular basis as she does all the shopping for her.
If I do go in I will certainly be keeping my distance from her as advised.
She must have been young when she had you!

Sorry to post the same thing as I did a few minutes ago.
But bbc news app.
Headline this is spreading fast and avoid social contact.
Put the country in lockdown.
Until it is people will still go to work because they have to .
And people will still go out .
This is driving me mad now .
My dad is 68 he just rang and said are you in I will nip round in an hour....

No you cant you fool.
Why were not in lockdown and I'm under 70 ???.
The guidelines are not clear enough

Get an isolation note for your employer.

"This service is only for people who:

• have symptoms of coronavirus and have used the 111 online coronavirus service
  • have been told by a healthcare professional they have symptoms of coronavirus
  • live with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus"
(Presumably the bullet points are "or" rather than "and")

So you click to start

First question:

Have you been told to stay at home by the NHS website, NHS 111 or a healthcare professional?

And if you say no because you live with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus it then says

"You can only get an isolation note if you have been told to stay at home by the NHS website, NHS 111 or a healthcare professional"

Sorry to post the same thing as I did a few minutes ago.
But bbc news app.
Headline this is spreading fast and avoid social contact.
Put the country in lockdown.
Until it is people will still go to work because they have to .
And people will still go out .
This is driving me mad now .
My dad is 68 he just rang and said are you in I will nip round in an hour....

No you cant you fool.
Why were not in lockdown and I'm under 70 ???.
The guidelines are not clear enough

Two big things left to do:

1) As you said. Stop all none-esential work. Streets are empty but factories, offices are not. Still a lot of work/contacts going on
2) Mass testing and tracing.

We need both and asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.