COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I,m not going to link any but Twitter is full of rural areas/beauty spots looking like a bank holiday, car parks rammed and rightly so pissed off locals.

And the really frightening thing is I dont think we,ve reached maximum stupidity levels by a long stretch- utter wankers

I posted a paper about hydroxychloroquine over a week ago. It's being used in treatment across the world and various trials under way

Potentially it could be used as a prophylactic if its effective but it wont get licensed in time for the C19 tsunami that's on the horizon now. At the moment you can get it on prescription for treatment of arthritis or some immune disorders which affect a very small number of people.
Chloroquine is available over the counter.
Or it was until they ran out.

My daughter's a nurse and she tells me that utter scumbags are stealing hand sanitiser from hospital wards. One ward she's been working on has had no hand sanitiser for a week and there's a 10 week lead time for fresh supplies.

It hit home to me on friday all with in an hour, first my lads gf has been told to self isolate, ( she works in hospital) than he was told which meant us as well. 20 minutes later went to my surgery to pick up my prescription, the door had a big barrier across it stopping you going in. To get my prescription there was a table in front of the window on my side and on their side. They filled in the paper work I dont think I even signed it, paid by card.
Tried to get some last minute shopping as we weren't expecting to have to sell isolate, and the local coop on our way home was empty, so now self isolating without much food etc in the house ....this happen on our way home on friday !!

Got home , bother hasnt been working for over a week as a taxi driver due to him having copd, his wifes surprised party off and the same with his daughter wedding

Its hit home and than today I read this in my local paper ........
https://theisleofthanetnews.com/2020/03/21/the-social-distancing-message-is-not-reaching-everyone/

Last edited:
Anyone still planning on going ahead with their mothers day visit?
My Mum is 93 years of age and is very independent.I have a key for her house and will be delivering both her card and present.I will however knock on the door and let her open it.No doubt she will want me to go inside but I am at risk due to high blood pressure and I can catch a sore throat and bad chest at the drop of a hat.This will be my first time out for 2 weeks,which hasn`t been bothering me at all,as its in my interest.
My sister however does visit on a quite regular basis as she does all the shopping for her.
If I do go in I will certainly be keeping my distance from her as advised.

There is an elderly gentleman 75 he is who is on his own. Recently he has been coming into our pub for a wine. . Apparently he goes in a few of others. Since the shutdown he still has turned up and Linda has let him in and fed him. He will be here again today for his Sunday lunch. He doesn't have any food in his house and because of his illness gets confused. Linda has tried to phone a helpline but no one has got back as of yet. We are still serving food as takeaways but his fucking daughter who is in the good old US of A has heard and said she will sue us, as we shouldn't be letting him in. So are we to let him starve. At the end of the day we are not in lock down and having one guy in a pub eating his only meal of the day shouldn't be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.