COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've chosen not to visit my my mum and dad; my kids aren't allowed to play near or with any others. I'm a teacher so designated as "key worker" so will have to be in work tomorrow. You decided to have your family round; and then more of the family round; you're classified as being at risk; you could have contracted this from them or passed it on to them if you have it and so the dominoes start to tumble. As I said, bell-end. A very selfish one at that.
I could have done without the abuse, but we had conversations, and daughter (whose idea it was) clearly wasn't sure it was a good idea. She will deliver the card through the door - which we can leave on the mat for a day! Considering we are in an area with a 0.002% confirmed rate of infection (re population) I'm not sure I was much more selfish than going jogging and possibly passing other people, but on the bell-end scale there are people making careful choices about risk and there are people invading the countryside.

lock the little fuckers in their room for 3 months that will sort it.
This is the bloody irony. 4 to 6 weeks of proper clamp down and this shite would be largely behind us. It's almost like we want it to continue??? I am starting to wonder if the evil bastards like Cummings are thinking a cull of the over 70's might be good for social welfare bills going forward.

If this was all started by someone eating bat soup god help us if one of the nastier viruses gets out of a laboratory!!!!

The legislation is (deliberately) widely worded so I wouldn’t fancy their chances of avoiding punishment, assuming they are prosecuted.

Entirely academic. Fucks the principle, which is clear as anyrhing, as do the dobbers using it.

I'm all for people being able to get out, walk, be outdoors, but keep it sensible, keep distances. Congregating in an establishment though and soending time with others there, thats against the guidance and advice, irrespective of the specific wording and technicalities.

And a big kick in teeth for any place atempting a genuine pivot from eatery to takeaway. Ultimately will lead to a total ban on it all.

I see one major problem with these daily briefings from Downing Street, actually how many people are watching it, I bet its not even a million people,
These briefings should be on every channel, whatever is on that channel should be stopped and the briefings shown, then continue with whatever was on after,
This is why so many don't seem to be getting the seriousness of what we are up against as they don't see what those of us watching the news channels are seeing, until something is done about this people will walk blindly into this thing and won't see the seriousness of it until its to late

Given the testing discrepancies between countries I have given up comparing the new cases, it’s irrelevant even our chief scientist officer estimates there are 1000s more cases in the uk. He said that weeks ago.

The only stat that is relevant is deaths now
Its not irrelevant as a guide to the speed of increase and an indicator of how measures work as they feed through. Think as a rough guide I saw to multiply by 12 or deaths by 150 but obviously deaths lag new cases and will increase after new cases start to fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.