COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've chosen not to visit my my mum and dad; my kids aren't allowed to play near or with any others. I'm a teacher so designated as "key worker" so will have to be in work tomorrow. You decided to have your family round; and then more of the family round; you're classified as being at risk; you could have contracted this from them or passed it on to them if you have it and so the dominoes start to tumble. As I said, bell-end. A very selfish one at that.
I could have done without the abuse, but we had conversations, and daughter (whose idea it was) clearly wasn't sure it was a good idea. She will deliver the card through the door - which we can leave on the mat for a day! Considering we are in an area with a 0.002% confirmed rate of infection (re population) I'm not sure I was much more selfish than going jogging and possibly passing other people, but on the bell-end scale there are people making careful choices about risk and there are people invading the countryside.[/QUOTE]
we all had 0.00000001% confirmed infection a few weeks ago. That turned out well didn't it? You sound like the kids I teach - "It was her idea Sir, not mine". You made a careful decision about risk - and chose to ignore the science. Stop digging.

@B6Nigel

Is Peter Reid the only son to look older than his Mom?

Quote Tweet

inwPJB1d_normal.jpg

Peter Reid
@reid6peter
· 9h

It does beg the question why have them stopped horse racing now if there’s no danger
Like most governing bodies they took the decision themselves to take the show off the road in light of clear instruction from above.
Still racing in Ireland.
From what I can gather the reason is that the Irish racing authorities have always provided their own medical personnel and ambulances for on track incidents. Having an NHS ambulance on standby for an amateur riders handicap at Towcester just in case a millionaire dentist falls off is not a good look and common sense prevailed.

But what does it matter if it was covid 19 or not? He might have had food poisoning or flu and he wouldn’t appear in those stats either. What I’ve been trying to get over is that the vast majority of the people who will die with this disease are going to be like ‘George’.
I think most people would say that if something has killed someone, it matters.

He might have picked up and lasted another 3 years. I am really not persuaded by this "they would have died anyway" argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.