Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

This Self Isolating thing is a load of bollocks unless you back it up with testing!. I reckon 99% of people SI for 7 days have a normal cold so after 7 days they come out to the world again and could pick it up. as I said without testing its complete bollocks. I cant understand why all govs are not making this their priority and getting them out in their millions!
Because testing costs money and resources, the latter of which is being stretched to its limits and beyond at the moment. That 1% you mention could otherwise be infecting others. So no, not a load of bollocks.

I agree with give it to Gordon. With both the FA and the Premier League banging on about restarting the leagues asap. They have said that they want to start in May. With the head of the health service saying that the peak of this coronavirus will not be reaching it's peak till the middle of June. Now that they have also issued guide lines to stay a minimum of 2 meters from the next person. What I would like to know is. How they propose to play football in those conditions. Any football matches that take place under those conditions would be just laughable.

This is in totally bad taste. Both of these governing bodies should be hanging their heads in shame. These bodies are not worried about the players, they are just worried about the loss of revenues. I just hope that the government comes out in the next few days and says that all team sporting activities outdoors are now banned until further notice. This maybe the only way to get it into the thick skulls of these so called leaders of football in England.
I hadn’t really picked up that the FA and PL are banging on about restarting ASAP. I heard the Southampton executive, but I wasn’t aware of too many others. Not leaders, other than Tebas in Spain. There’s quite a few ex players in the media but I put that down to ignorance. Who are the other leaders?

I agree with give it to Gordon. With both the FA and the Premier League banging on about restarting the leagues asap. They have said that they want to start in May. With the head of the health service saying that the peak of this coronavirus will not be reaching it's peak till the middle of June. Now that they have also issued guide lines to stay a minimum of 2 meters from the next person. What I would like to know is. How they propose to play football in those conditions. Any football matches that take place under those conditions would be just laughable.

This is in totally bad taste. Both of these governing bodies should be hanging their heads in shame. These bodies are not worried about the players, they are just worried about the loss of revenues. I just hope that the government comes out in the next few days and says that all team sporting activities outdoors are now banned until further notice. This maybe the only way to get it into the thick skulls of these so called leaders of football in England.

I wouldn’t disagree with any of that. All I would add, if I was going to give one or two of those officials the benefit of the doubt, Is maybe they are just trying to keep morale up, and give people something to hope for even if it’s unlikely. Nothing wrong with a bit of hope imho.

A much better attitude from Robert Lewandowski who has donated 1m Euros of his own money to help victims which is a lot more than his club Bayern has done. This crisis shows some people in their true colours. The so called "European Royalty" clubs have certainly vanished when Europe needed some leadership. They won't be forgiven in a hurry, even by their own fans.
when this virus eventually passes people will remember nice touches like this...they will also remember the braindead "feast of football" proposal by them 2 fuckin dickheads......

But doesn't infect anybody else (if done correctly) which is the point of SI in the first place.

ok if only 1% yes it will help somebody but cant see any argument in not having tests due to the cost, have you seen the global economy widescale testing along with investigation tracking to the spreaders Singapore did this to great success....

when this virus eventually passes people will remember nice touches like this...they will also remember the braindead "feast of football" proposal by them 2 fuckin dickheads......

I hope so but somehow I doubt it. Some people are just selfish twats.

you just can't consider any sport at all for a minimum of 3 months given the isolation periods for the elderly and vunerable that was announced, so that takes you to at least to the end of june before any chance of a resumption, even then that's a long shot in my opinion.

the longer the delay the the harder it is to resume

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.