COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s scary how many more deaths are to come if we “only” reach the 20,000 deaths that the Chief Scientific Adviser described as a good outcome. But if that is something like the final outcome it will not be long before we start hearing a resurgence of the “its only flu” comments. And then criticism that the measures being taken and the restrictions imposed were completely unjustified. It will be quickly forgotten by many that without those measures would be in the hundreds of thousands

not it wont, unless people are monumentally stupid.....oh right you are

Not sure if already been posted anywhere

Go to Netflix, search for "my secret terrius"
Go to season 1, episode 10 and fast forward to 53 mins.

Its scary

thing is Coronavirus is nothing new, reading about it last week, it was actually discovered in the 1960's, if you look at any average Detol bottle in your kitchen and you look at the smallprint it states "protection against Coronavirus" so no surprise it may pop up on a tv show somewhere down the line

It's interesting this. Dyson don't really make anything in the UK. In fact they don't really make much at all they have 2 plants of their own which make the - Dyson Digital Motors which go into their products. Everything else is outsourced to contact manufacturers. And none of the above is in the UK. In the UK they have their R&D labs and the disbanded automotive development centre (the aerodrome is near Malmsbury in Gloucestershire) but no high volume manufacturing capabilities. So it is a bit of a mystery how they plan to produce 15,000 ventilators in the UK any time soon.

Not for a month or two, from the BBC this morning.
Possibly unreliable memory, but I think they said June before they were available.

The easy answer is....they won't.
It just makes people feel better
I think they may have some coming by end of April perhaps, and whilst that may be too late for the peak, it is not of zero value because I imagine the NHS will still be hugely overloaded at that time. I would think they will be made in Malaysia and air-freighted in.

EDIT: I did't see your post above. Yes, June would be more realistic. Perhaps I was too optimistic suggesting end of April, but I was basing it on the bluster and bullshit being spouted by Zahawi last night. Silly of me.

Chill out man, everyone’s praising the work that excel London and the government have done to create the extra 4000 beds. But it also shows the gravity of the situation. I think you’ve read the last few pages wrong in all honesty.
I am chilled don’t worry. Just pissed with people on here with their constant sniping, it’s not necessary or helpful. Everyone is going through the same issues yet some almost take great delight in scaremongering, talking bullshit, taking things out of context etc. We will defeat this virus although there will be some painful outcomes and for many, life will be totally different and the way we live might not be for everyone but that’s the case at the moment.

This self isolation is alot harder than I thought it was going to be. I am abit worried about my auntie who has to self isolate for 12 weeks as she lives on her own, she has lots of family near by but we cant go in to see her. She use to go out every day for a bit of shopping or to see her friends.

I am also worried that once our self isolation is finished that we have to go back into the public to work. At the moment my work place has sent us home, but to be ready should we be need for food delivery for the community. My missus who works for a solicitors is still open but with restrictions and she is a diabetic. My lad works at halfords and is very angry that he will have to go to another store as his store isnt opening but has to go to another one to sell bikes.

As each day goes by its getting abit more scary but fellow blues this is a great place to take our minds of it or to come and ask for help and advice. To feel part of a community that's keep helping each other , and that's inportant . Thanks to Ric and his team for keeping this site going .....thanks

thing is Coronavirus is nothing new, reading about it last week, it was actually discovered in the 1960's, if you look at any average Detol bottle in your kitchen and you look at the smallprint it states "protection against Coronavirus" so no surprise it may pop up on a tv show somewhere down the line
Common colds are types of Coronavirus. They’ve been with us for thousands of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.