COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have just caught a comment on sky news about an ICU nurse after finishing her shift went off and killed herself. That's fucking awful news. Has anyone else heard this?

But we are testing people getting hospitalised...and roughly 15-20% of people with the virus are hospitalised. And we are recording deaths, and roughly 2-4% are dying.

And unless there's a reason that people who like horse racing are less prone to being hospitalised, there would be a peak.

You seem to really not understand how averages work.

I appreciate it's really tempting to see a picture of a crowd and think "that's awful" but the epidemiologists said it wasn't at that point of the pandemic and they've been proven correct.
I am afraid i don't put everything on stats or modelling,oh and i got it wembly weekend

I've been wondering this too. I can imagine high blood pressure is one of the most common 'serious' underlying conditions in the UK. Can imagine many, many people don't have it under control either. My dad is at risk, but I feel a little reassured that he takes his medication seriously.
Me to. Is high BP, controlled with medication, high risk? (I’m in that bracket.) Or just uncontrolled high BP?

As an aside, I would have thought that most people with high BP would be under treatment. There again, you can’t take anything for granted.

Don’t we have any medically qualified posters?

Me to. Is high BP, controlled with medication, high risk? (I’m in that bracket.) Or just uncontrolled high BP?

As an aside, I would have thought that most people with high BP would be under treatment. There again, you can’t take anything for granted.

I read somewhere that blood pressure meds may help with the symptoms, something to do with aiding the lungs. Also increases potassium, which is supposed to help
Edit, here's an article
https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...us-medications-no-risk-of-death-lower-reading

I can't imagine youre off the hook (unfortunstely) even if you're on medication, but I can imagine you've got a notably better chance if you actually stick to it. We all know people who don't take their medication properly sadly!

Oh NHS austerity question

Gove - ducked it completely,talked about food deliveries and volunteers etc,fucking neck on him

Medical advisor didn't answer it either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.