Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

We could argue that we were saving our best for a stretch run. pacing ourselves if you like.
Yep, recent history shows there is no team more likely than city to put a long run of wins together in the back end of the season, and no team more likely to bottle a seemingly unassailable lead than Liverpool.

Several medical bods saying the lockdown will go to mid june

Medical oficer in the press conference saying it wil be 6mths maybe more ,reviewed every 3 wks and gradual lifting of restrictions depending on data

I don't know why football won't just call it and concentrate on sorting out players and clubs that need help to not go under

Medical oficer in the press conference saying it wil be 6mths maybe more ,reviewed every 3 wks and gradual lifting of restrictions depending on data

I don't know why football won't just call it and concentrate on sorting out players and clubs that need help to not go under
Even if restrictions are relaxed, there is no way the authorities will allow a gathering of fifty thousand people. To finish the season behind closed doors is just an insult to us match going fans, it is purely as a sop to the TV companies. Those in charge of our game are a bloody disgrace.

Uefa played the 1985 European Cup final. When 39 people had just been killed. So this would be no surprise for them to want to get football up and running straight away.
I remember it well.
It was our wedding anniversary and I was going to watch the game whilst the Mrs was making dinner.
Couldn’t believe what happened, or that they even considered playing the game

Even if restrictions are relaxed, there is no way the authorities will allow a gathering of fifty thousand people. To finish the season behind closed doors is just an insult to us match going fans, it is purely as a sop to the TV companies. Those in charge of our game are a bloody disgrace.
We’re no longer part of the game mate, it’s been taken over by Sky, BT, PiGMOB and crooks.

I'm surprised the dippers haven't clocked that we're currently in talks about the Etihad being used by the NHS for the forseeable. I doubt this would be the case if there were any chance of the season getting going again - even behind closed doors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.